I am NOT [going to mess this up]

Hi guys!

I am back with another Minchan one shot for you guys!
I had lots of fun writing it because they're my fav ship (I love the others too, tho which is why I'm even writing this thing...)
Anyway I hope you'll like it!!!
(Next week you'll finally get some Seungjin and it is going to be LONG my dudes! Stay tuned!)

Let's get started!

PUBLISHED: 06/21/2018
EDITED: 09/25/2020

Bang Chan was good at lots of things. Quidditch, Potions, making friends, even cooking. But there was one thing he would never be good at. And that was Astronomy. He had tried everything in his first five years at Hogwarts. He'd stayed up late, practically eating up every Astronomy book the library held, he'd studied with other people from his year and had asked his father – who had published several books about Astronomy – to help him.

He had barely made it through his OWLs and he'd looked forward to finally ditching the subject once he'd started his sixth year, but his father had insisted for him to keep it up. So here he was in his seventh year at Hogwarts, one day before one of the biggest tests of the year and he couldn't do shit.

~

"Hey, you good?" Minho, Chan's boyfriend questioned when he found the distressed Gryffindor in the library, several open books spread across the table.

"I'm screwed," Chan said and let his head fall on top of one of the books with a thump. Minho ran a hand through the older's brown hair and sat down next to him.

"Astronomy?" he asked, even though he already knew the answer.

"I have a test tomorrow..." Chan mumbled, his voice sounding muffled, since he hadn't bothered to raise his head from the table.

"Why didn't you say anything? You know I can help you with that," Minho said in a half-accusing tone.

Chan looked up at him. "You have stuff to do, too. I don't want to burden you," he told the Slytherin who just shook his head fondly.

"I'm not that busy. Besides, I can always make time for you," he replied. He reached for one of the books on the table and studied it. "Well, the best way to study Astronomy is by actually looking at the stars for reference, have you ever tried that?" Minho asked his boyfriend with a smirk. Chan gave him a look.

"How am I supposed to do that? We have a curfew in case you forgot. I can't just go up to the Astronomy tower whenever I want," he argued.

Minho laughed, earning himself a sharp glare from the librarian. "Sometimes I forget how much of a good boy you are..." he said to Chan. "Meet me on top of the Astronomy tower tonight at 10. Don't get caught," he told his boyfriend.

Chan pouted. "You want me to sneak out?"

"It's to bring your grades up. I'll help you ace that test, okay?" Minho promised.

Chan sighed. "Alright... thank you," he muttered and leaned against the Slytherin's side. Minho let his eyes wander across the pages of the book Chan had been studying. He grinned to himself, happy that he would be able to help Chan with something he wasn't good at.

They hadn't been together for that long and Minho still had to get used to being someone's boyfriend, but he really liked the Gryffindor a lot, which is why he wanted to be there for him, even if it was about something as trivial as school work.