Chapter 44

"Morning sunshine," is the first thing Robin hears in the morning, as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes. "Morning, papa."

That's when she notices the sweet smell in the air. "Open your eyes, darling."

"What's that for papa?" Robin happily exclaimes as she sees the plate of waffles and cut up fruits on her small night stand.

"Wanted to spoil my biggest baby," Louis smiles at his girl, "today is a papa-Robin day, sounds good?"

"What about the bab-"

"Daddy is watching them at grandma Anne's house, so we got the day all to ourselves. Hurry up and eat your breakfast, we got an appointment!"

Robin frowns her eyebrows. "What kind of a- ap-"

"You'll see, lovely."

•••

"Papa?"

Robin softly says in a scared voice, looking at her dad's eyes through the carmirror.

"Yes, love?"

"Where are we going?"

"I told you, darling, we have an appointment. Somewhere very special."

Robin's eyebrows frown in worry, "but papa... we aren't going to the den- dentist, right? The tooth fairy said I don't 'ave to go, cause my toothies are very healthy!"

Louis' laughter fills the car, as he looks at his daughter through the mirror. "Don't worry, love. We are going to do something that's waaaay more fun!"

"The funnest?"

"The funnest."

•••

"Papa, look at all the dresses!"

"Pretty, right?" Louis smiles at Robin as they walk into the store, hand in hand. "Do you want to try some on today, Ro?"

"Can I?" Her blue eyes look up, almost resembling a begging puppy.

"You can try every single dress you like!" Louis smiles at an employee, a young girl with straight strawberry blonde hair, that walks towards them.

"Mrs. Robin Styles?" The girl bows slightly, "I'm Stella, your personal assistent for this appointment. Are you ready to become a princess?"

"A princess?" Robins eyes sparkle at the word, quickly turning to Louis "Papa?"

"Ro, do you remember when papa bit into a cupcake and there was a ring?" The child nods, "Well, daddy and papa are going to get married and we need a flower girl. We were looking for a small, adorable, beautiful, pretty, cute, sweet girl to wear a gorgeous dress and well, maybe even a tiara, to help us with the flowers at the wedding. If only we could find a girl who'd like to wear a pretty dress, much like the ones in this store actually."

"Me, papa! I want to do that, pretty please!" Robin throws herself around her fathers legs, hugging him tightly, making it hard for him to stay standing. "Please, please, please, papa, please pick me."

"Darling, are you crying?" Louis bends down, sitting on his knees to be on eye level. "Ro, of course we want you, we wanted you this whole time. Who else can I trust with such an important thing. You'll be the best flower girl anyone has ever seen!"

"Really?" The girl peeks through her hands, looking at her dad with glassy eyes.

"The bestest." He winks. "Now c'mon, who wants to try on a pretty dress?"

•••

"Are you enjoying your tea, mrs. Robin?" Louis grins at his girl, tea in hand, with his pinky up in the air, "and of course those freshly baked goods?"

"The goods are very... good?" Robin giggles as she holds her tea with both hands, "Mr. Papa."

"Hmhm, very well, my dearest."

The two sit at a table in the middle of a fancy restaurant, sipping tea and eating biscuits. Of course not just the two of them, who has a tea party for two?

After trying on more dresses than Robin can count, they found the perfect one and the lovely employee got Robins measurements. Then the two went home, where Louis announced the tea party and told Robin to invite whoever she wants.

So now the two were seated, in the middle of a fancy restaurant, sipping tea and eating biscuits at a table for eight. One chair for Robin, one chair for Louis and six chairs for the girl's favourite teddy bears.

All with tea cups made of floral china and a plate of sweets in front of them. Robin happily munches on a cupcake, smiling from ear to ear whenever her mouth hasn't got food in it.

"Thank you, papa."

"What for, sweets?" Louis smiles at his daughter.

"Taking me on a date today, making time for me." Robin looks down at her plate.

"Hey now," Louis stands up from his seat and walks to the other side, Robin's end, of the table, "hey, look at me, Ro."

The girl looks up, making grabby hands at her dad. Louis lifts her up easily and sets her down on his lap. "You are my oldest baby, love. I'll always make time for my oldest baby. I'm so sorry I was so busy with the twins, they are babies and they need me, just like you did when you were just a baby. But that doesnt mean I'll forget about you, my love."

Louis wipes a tear of Robin's cheek, replacing it with a soft peck. "You are the best daughter, big sister and flower girl anyone could ever wish for, and you're all mine."

••••••

I AM SO SO SORRY OMG

Hey everybody!

I am so sorry for leaving you all for like 8 months, so much fun has happened but I won't rant about it cause I have no idea if people will actually read this haha, y'all probably deleted this book after not getting updates for three months.

If you did stay, I am so very thankful. You are amazing!

I won't promise anything, just know that if I update (soon), there's a wedding coming up and I am ready for it! I hope you are too!

Questions:
- How is your 2k18 going?
- Something fun happened while I was gone?

X Emma