chapter 21

Clarke, Bellamy and Madi ran to the ship hopeful to find their friends. But they didn't. They saw a lady in her thirties or fourties, and an army of men. And then... Murphy and Raven show up. Monty and Harper are next. Emori and Echo are behind of them. They have all tape in their mouths and rope around their hands. A shock collar was resting on their necks.

''Madi you have to hide.'' Clarke quickly says turning to her. They were behind a bush, praying to not be seen.

''But Clarke-''

''She's right. Go to our hiding spot. No one will find you there.'' Bellamy puts a hand on her shoulder. ''We will figure this out,'' He kisses her forehead.

Clarke sadly smiles at them, ''We love you, Madi.''

''Be safe.'' Madi whispers and then runs as fast as she could.

''Bellamy, we don't have guns.'' Clarke speaks after a short silence. She had been living peacefully for two years, she had no idea this would happen so soon. She didn't even know how that army was walking around the forest while the radiation still was so strong. They weren't nightbloods. And Clarke was frightened.

''And there's no way we can defeat them. I think we should-''

''Talk to them?''

''Yes. Do you think they'll kill us right away or will have mercy?''

''I mean, they do seem more civilized than the grounders.''

''True.'' Bellamy softly smiles.

They look at each other one more time and nod, getting up afterwards. The former leaders start walking to the circle of people. They were all breathing the fresh air, as if they hadn't been on the ground for too long.

''We have visits!'' Someone shouts and everyone looks at them, pointing the guns at their faces.

Clarke and Bellamy raise their hands showing that they meant no harm and look around; their friends weren't there anymore.

''Let them pass.'' The woman speaks and they all open space so they could walk to her. ''What do we have here? Two teenagers caught making out?'' She maliciously smiles, while some background laughs are heard.

''We live here.'' Clarke says, blushing. Maybe if they didn't come down, Bellamy and her would be making out indeed, she thought.

''And we mean no harm.'' Bellamy adds. ''We saw your prisioners, they're our friends.''

''Oh you mean my new two engineers, my spy, my farmer, my fighter and the one that never shuts down?''

''Murphy can be quite annoying with his sarcasm, but yes, those exactly.'' Bellamy affirms. ''Look we have no idea where you came from and we don't even know how you survived praimfaya, but we've been here for two years alone and we built this little village-''

''We have a kid. We really don't want problems and you clearly have the guns, so let's not start an unnecessary war.'' Clarke finishes for him and he silently thanks.

''I'm Charmaine Diyoza. But I'd prefer if you called me just Diyoza.'' The woman introduces herself. ''Let's talk privately, shall we?''

_

''I never got your names,'' Diyoza starts. They were in Clarke, Bellamy and Madi's house --now the oficial meeting room for the woman.

''I'm Clarke and that's Bellamy. Our kid is hidden. We thought you would harm us right away, to be completely honest.''

''Look, I get your point. But in front of those guys I have to seem tough. But between us three,'' Diyoza caresses her belly. ''I also wouldn't want a war that could put my kid in danger.''

Clarke and Bellamy both look at each other, their wide eyes showing shock. It was rare to see a pregnant woman commanding an army. In fact, this was the first time they ever saw one.

''We could help each other out. You could protect our lives and we would help you adjust here, show you how things work. Please.'' Clarke begs.

''And Clarke's a doctor. You probably need one, because of... you know.'' Bellamy looks at her belly.

''You're a doctor?'' Diyoza raises her eyebrow examining Clarke. ''You're so young.''

''Well, I'm not actually a doctor. My mother is, I learnt everything I know with her. And then we were sent to the ground and I had to use every knowledge I had-''

''She saved many lives.'' Bellamy completes.

''Sent to the ground?''

''It's a long story....''

And so Bellamy and Clarke told Diyoza everything. Since Clarke's father's discovery, and Bellamy hiding his sister, to shooting the chancellor to get into the dropship, to being sent to the ground for being a deliquent with less than eighteen years. Mount Weather, the grounders and reapers, the crazy commanders and their devotion to them, blood must have blood, to the chips and flames and even nightbloods.... to praimfaya. That day, Charmaine Diyoza learnt a new part of the humanity's history. A part she never had knowledge before because she had been in cryo.

____________

uhh I know the characters are way too soft here, but I'm done with wars. s5 was tough enough