Chapter 12

Serena's P.O.V

I slipped my earbuds in my ears as soon as the door to the pokemon center slammed behind me. "Im Ready" by AJR began to ring in my ears and fill my heart with music. The sky was turning dark. Looks like i wont be sleeping tonight. I thought to myself as i speed walked towards that cave.

As i walk through Shalour City, i spot Trevor through the pokemon center window, watching Shauna make her way down the hallway. Tierno is talking to some guy and showing him dance moves, but he looks up suddenly and so do i. I take my headphones out and hear a rumble of thunder.

I can hear Tierno now. He says to the guy, "Let's go inside the pokemon center and show our pokemon how to do the dance." They leave towards the center. Rain begins to fall and I feel a wet spot on my cheek. I turn around and keep going towards the cave. When i reach the enterance, i look around once more and spot Calem.

Calem is in front of the pokemon gym and Korrina opens the door for him. He goes inside quickly when lightnng strikes.

He better not be getting a late night booty call with that girl. I angered myself. I stuff my headphones in my ears again and storm inside the cave. Upon entering, i was faced with a girl.

The girl was averagely tall, wearing a black top and red skirt ending short of black above-the-knee socks. She had black sneakers on and her hair cascaded over her shoulders in shimmery blondish waves. A pink bag was slung over her shoulder and white sunglasses were propped up in her hat above her bright dark-rimmed green eyes. That girl was me.

That girl looks different than the last time i saw her. Sadder eyes, angry lips, hardened shoulders, muscular legs. She looks tougher than me. Skinnier than i remember. The memories are hiding under her skin ready to pop..

I shook my head and the song changed. Neon lights. I unplugged my headphones and let the music echo off the walls since i was alone in my short journey. i turned the corner

Once again i see my reflection. IT happens a few more times before instead of me i see, i see a pokemon.

I send Jada out to make this woobat faint. and then a Mr. Mime. After a while i decide to train my pokkemon. I train them all up and then decide to keep going until a sableeye comes out.

Right as it was midnight, i was going to head back to the pokemon center and give up. A sableye jumps out right in front of the exit.

It joined my team that day. Finally this day was good.

When i got to the pokemon center after running through the storm and holding my bag to my chest, i rushed to the counter to get a room. There wasn't a Nurse Joy however.

"Hello?" There was no answer. So i went over to the pc and put in all my pokemon except Jada, Baby, and my new Sableye, Diamond.

I went over to the pokemart and the guy at the counter was snoozing away at the computer. No one else was in sight. So I went over to the pokemon center counter, took one final glance around and hollered out a "nurse joy" real quick before I hopped over the counter.

I type in some stuff on the computer to get me a room and grab the room card out of this box thingy and I was off.

Thank god I have a Nurse Joy aunt or I wouldn't have know how to do that. I walked down the hallway towards my room and as soon as I open the door, it swished shut and I flopped onto the bed-soaking clothes and all. And I went to sleep for the night.