Chapter 1

Serena's P.O.V.

We have been flying on Altaria for a couple days now. Stopping to rest for the night every day, But tonight I can tell we won't be stopping. It is already past the time than we did these past two days. Altaria is worn out and I'm miserable.

I see a city in the distance. Another one. Like the one in Unova we stayed in for last night. it was called Castelia City and it was wonderful. The skyscrapers were so tall you couldn't even see the sky. There was a port with an evening cruise ship. Mom said we couldn't go on though because we needed to get to Vaniville town as soon as possible.

"Honey, we are in Kalos." Mother yawned and Altaria began to descend for the final time for a while.

"How do you know we can live in this house in Vaniville town?" I asked, curious to know how we got it so soon and with so little money left.

"Your uncle Jason used to live there and he kept it empty in case anyone in the family needed it. You know my brother is a very rich man and he was kind enough to give it to us." She explained as we landed in front of this beautiful and small town. There were only a few other house here, the lights all on inside.

We walked up the pathway to go inside. Before I stepped across the threshold, I took one last glance at our new front yard. There was a bedding outside and a big tree beside it.

"Jason left us furniture and what is outside is for rhyhorn." Mom noticed my confusion and tossed rhyhorn's pokeball. "Go on and go to sleep rhy, your bed is right there." Mom patted the rhyhorn on the horn and he grunted in satisfaction.

"Serena, go upstairs and check out your room. You should get some rest too." I nodded and started to retreat upstairs. "Oh yeah, honey?" Mom piped up again.

"Yes mom?" I said slow and cautiously.

"I called professor Sycamore in Lumiose City while you were sleeping at the last hotel. I don't want you to be upset any longer. He is letting you start your pokemon journey here, tomorrow, with some other children your age. You'll be getting a free pokemon." She smiled sadly.

"Okay, thank you mom." I blew her a grateful kiss. "I'll see you in the morning, goodnight." I walked into my room.

"Oh my..." My room was decorated to fit me. I walked over to the full length mirror and examined my state. I looked very tired and my hair was ruffled. I decided I should take a shower before bed.

~~~

Calem's P.O.V

"Calem, baby, we are getting new neighbors tonight." Mother said to me over the dinner table.

"Oh really?" I asked, intrigued. Maybe he will be a trainer and want to be my rival.

"Yes, professor Sycamore called this morning and said that her kid will be joining you and Shauna on your journey." Father replied reaching for the butter for his potato. I was swinging my legs under the table and accidentally hit dad's glaceon.

"Glacie!" She barked in reaction. I leaned down to see her face. "Sorry Glaceon, ill stop now." Glaceon spoke her name once more and sat down with a determined look on her face.

Mother and Father just laughed.

"Well, who is the kid's mom?" I asked while chewing on a bite of steak.

"Grace, the famous rhyhorn racer." Mom replied and my jaw dropped. A celebrity is living here! In our small town!? Holy shit!

"Son, get some rest, you have a big day tomorrow." I downed some lemonade and paraded up to my room. I was prepping for tomorrow when I glanced out the window. I saw our neighbors on an altaria. I turned my music down and raced to my window to watch.