Chapter 5

Serena's P.O.V

"GO!!" was the last comprehensible thing I could hear before the rush of wind whipped my hearing away. Rhyhorn bolted with surprising speed and left a cloud of dust where we started the race.

My eyes began to water from the wind drying them out. I leaned down closer to Rhyhorn's body to gain speed. I turn my head slightly to see where Calem is. He is almost next to me but I am still ahead. I smirk at him when he turns to and lean down more. We speed up and he is eating our dust!

I hear a groan faintly but then I hear mad stomping as Calem catches up. Soon enough, we are head to head in our little race. I see the Glittering Cave entrance, just a little bit more. Heads whip by in blurs as we pass trainers with their Pokémon. we cause uproars of wind which make papers and hats flutter around.

"Sorry!" I yell quickly, lifting up while holding my hat so it doesn't fly away. a man sits on the ground laughing at us. his hat is askew and his emolga looks at him like he's stupid. I laugh at this and focus back on the race. "Faster Rhyhorn." I whisper close to his ear area. He speeds up.

There is only a few feet until we reach our destination. Both Rhyhorns stop dead in their tracks, skidding to a halt, when we reach area where its safe for us to walk. I leap off Rhyhorn and dart to the Cave. My hand is outstretched and I can almost reach it; Calem is next to me now, speeding up.

He is ahead of me now, so I push him with my shoulder and get pushed back. Angry now, I speed up faster and my fingertips brush the cave wall before I am jumped on and pushed to the ground.

Calem reaches his hand out while sitting on me to touch the wall but I am laughing and he stops moving his hand. "What?" He asks.

I turn around under him so I am facing upward. "I won." I smile mischievously and attempt to push him off of me.

In response to this he gets mad, so he pins my wrists down with his hands. He chuckles at me as I wriggle under him. After a minute, I cease my movement and huff out a breath.

He lets go of my arms but is still sitting on me. "Tie?" He asks. I shake my head "no" and cross my arms with a pout. Why does he have to be stronger than me? He laughs again.

"Can you get off of me now?" I ask.

He pretends to think about it. "No!" He laughs again.

"When do you plan to complete the task we were given then?" I raise my eyebrows at him at knee him in the back. He groans and clutches his sides, losing balance. Seizing this opportunity, I push him off with my arms and stand up as fast as I can; so fast I get dizzy and lightheaded so I need to lean on the wall.

"You okay Serena?" He asks after he stops whining about his back.

Slowly I nod but I turn to cover my face with my arm leaning on the wall. My head hurts and I can't see straight.

"Serena?" He says again and pulls me towards him into an embrace. Sideways at least. He reaches into his bag and retrieves a water bottle which he opens and forces me to drink.

I take it and sit down on the ground. My vision is back but I'm shaking now from the experience. okay note to self, stand up slowly all the time now.

I take one last gulp of the water and close the lid, handing it to him. "Thanks." I say with a sad smile, I feel bad he had to see that. I have not been drinking enough water lately. I should do that.

Calem outstretches a hand to help me up and when I am standing, he pulls me into a hug. I'm too stunned to react before the hug is ended.

He swiftly turns around and enters the cavern. Stunned again.