Chapter 8

A.N. Thank you guys for all your support and comments, so far making this story one of the most read Pokémon X and Y stories on here. It means so much! Keep spreading the love! :x

Serena's P.O.V

I circled around tall stones and trainers to get to the source of the scream. "Hang on Shauna." I breathed as I raced and jumped over little rocks and pokemon.

I finally halted, hiding behind a large rock. I had my hands on my knees, catching my breath. When I stood up, I saw her. But not just her, Calem too. But not just Shauna and Calem, but a few people clad in bright red business suits. Team Flare.

"Your hero will come soon enough to aid to your screams annoying girl." One of the flame-styled haired guys said as he was holding one of Shaunas arms behind her. Another man, identical to the first held her other arm. She kicked and squirmed.

"Don't lay a hand on Serena!" Calem shouted, struggling against two more grunts. I hid behind the rock more.

"Oh hush it, you little love sick puppy." A woman dressed exactly like the men told Calem. She slipped Calem's bag off his shoulder and bent down in front of Shauna to retrieve hers. "We'll just take these under custody while you two are in your prison cells." She smirked and laughed, evilly.

"Lysandre will be proud of us for getting these brats." The man who spoke earlier chuckled.

Together, the five people laughed as Shauna screamed and Calem grunted, struggling against their holders. They pulled them away from the spot, im guessing towards their cells.

"I wonder why she didn't come." The woman frowned slightly and took one last look around. I ducked behind the rock completely so she couldn't see me. Then I heard her footsteps retreat.

I peeked out from the rock to find no one there so I came out in the open. I released Baby, my Absol.

"Baby, find anything of Calem's or Shaunas." I commanded her and I walked around the area, looking for anything Team Flare. Almost giving up, I found a red access card.

I picked it up and called Baby over. "Baby, smell this and catch a trail." She "absol'd" and sniffed it. Immediately picking up a scent.

She barked once and started jogging towards Geosenge Town. Once we reached town, we passed through a stone archway.

I got a funny vibe going under that. The town was full of more stones and a few cabins, a hotel and a pokemon center. Absol whined, urging me onward but we made a pitstop at the center.

Absol and I walked in and felt the cool air conditioned breeze as we marched to the counter. The lady took my capsuled pokemon and Baby went with her for some healing, out of her pokeball. She said it would take a few minutes and suggested I eat.

 I walked over to a little café and got a sandwich, paid and sat at a small table. I was half way through my food, chewing slowly and my eyes wandering when I overheard a conversation behind me.

"This town, Heather." A young mans voice was saying. "Is where Team Flare hangs out. Here, and that weirdo red café back home in Lumiose City." I pretended to drop something and looked back at them as I bent down.

"So where is there headquarters?" The girl, Heather asked the boy. He didn't respond for a minute. "Sam?" She asked.

"Sorry Heather but I'm not sure. I think it's in Lumiose City. I mean, that's probably where they would keep all their weapons and prisoners." Sam shrugged. Sam was cute...

"Okay well. Let's only worry about them again if we run into some stupid grunts." They grabbed their water bottles and slug their bags on their shoulders.