Chapter 2

Serena's P.O.V

I bounced happily into my house and into the kitchen where my mother was cooking lunch.

"Oh hey sweety, so what pokemon did you decide on?" She asks when she heard the door shut and turned to face me, leaning against the counter. Her white and pink checkered apron was coated in flour and frosting. Oooh, she must be making a cake or something.

"I chose Fennekin." I set fennekins pokeball on the island and it began to rustle.

"Mom?" I asked scared. she reached out for the ball and released fennekin on the counter.

She laughed, "She just wanted to come out." She turned around to finish cooking.

"Okay well Mom, I'm gonna head back out." I put fennekins empty pokeball in my almost empty bag. I reached in it and grabbed the only other item inside, the letter that Trevor gave me. "This is a delivery for you, by the way."

She turned around again and took the envelope from my hand. "Thanks honey." She stuffed the letter in her apron. "Come back often, okay?" she walked around the island and kissed me on my hat.

"I will mom I promise, I'll call you on the holocaster if I ever get a chance." I smiled at her and made my way to the door. "C'mon fennekin let's get this started." Mom had fed fennekin a pokepuff.

"Here take some of these for fennekin and any other pokemon you catch." She handed me a baggie of pokepuffs. Fennekin barked happily and was soon on my tail. "It's not that hard, Serena. You'll be fine and have fun, okay?"

I nodded and saluted her. I shut the door and went over to rhyhorn, telling him I'll come back to visit him soon, and I was off for real this time.

~~~

Trevor's P.O.V

"Like that girl, Serena. She's nice." Tierno said as we walked across the bridge in Aquacorde town and into the route.

"Yeah, she is cool. Pretty too, but not as pretty as Shauna, no one will ever be." I sighed and slumped my shoulders.

"Man, you got to man up some day and tell her how you feel. You have liked her since you were 10. That was 4 years ago!" Tierno pep talked me. By the way, Shauna and I are the youngest of our friends. She is 13, I am 14, Tierno is 15 and Calem is 16. I don't know how old Serena is but she looks 16.

"Well, were older now. We'll see." I sighed and pulled out my pokedex. "I think I'll challenge Serena to see who can fill up the pokedex first." I changed the subject.

"I just want to see every single pokemon move!" Tierno twirled in a circle and I laughed at him.

~~~

Serena's P.O.V

After walking around Aquacorde town for a bit and checking out all of the shops, I finally decided to head over into the first route with pokemon. As soon as I saw the route sign, Shauna and Calem accompanied it.

Shauna noticed me and waved me over. "Hey Serena! Calem is showing me how to catch a pokemon, you should learn too!" She smiled.

"Yeah, my parents are really good trainers and taught me a lot." Calem put his hands behind his neck and rested on a tree, acting all cool and stuff.

"No thanks." I said and walked away to find a pokemon to battle.

Calem fell off the tree and they both sweatdropped.

"What?" I said and fennekin barked.

"What do you mean 'no thanks'???" Calem shouted.

"I mean, I already know how. It's not that hard to figure out." A wild bunnelby appeared in front of fennekin and she barked at it. The bunnelby made a noise in returned annoyance.