Chapter 2: New Gabrielle

Magsimula sa umpisa

Yveo then was given the title of a monster in the business industry.

"Remember Lyla? That clingy woman in our college days? So freaking hot but one spoiled brat and a big pain in the ass." He added, na ikinatawa rin ni Andrew.

Yveo didn't answer when suddenly the door opened and a woman entered. She was sweating and panting heavily. Nanlaki ang mga mata niya sa gulat at lalo pa siyang namutla nang napagtanto niyang may mga lalaki sa kwarto.

"Pa-pasensya na, p-pero may humahabol sakin." Fear was obvious in her soft, stuttering voice.

Yveo sipped his wine one last time bago ito ipinatong sa mesa. He looked at the woman. Naka tago ang mga kamay sa bulsa habang lumalapit siya sa babae. The woman trembled when she saw how the man in front of her, emits a dark aura. Anyone who sees the man and its overbearing attitude would sense a great danger just by looking at him.

The man stopped in front of her and tilted his head. "What's your name?"

The woman gulped and her eyes were moving, di alam kung saan titingin wag lang sa lalaking nasa harap.

"Gab-Gabrielle Avelda."

Froilan had an amused expression as he looked at Yveo because this is the first time he got interested to a woman. But who knows, what's on his mind?

"Marry me and I'll help you."

In a split of seconds, Froilan spits his wine, while Andrew coughed on his own saliva. Damn bro, can you not surprise us, that way? It was totally not funny. Was he crazy?

Gabrielle gaped her mouth, not sure of what she heard. Marry daw? She blinked once, twice, and thrice and stared at the man in front, while waiting for him to say 'joke'.

Naputol lang ang pagtitig niya kay Yveo nang may kumakatok sa pinto, a multiple knock.

"I'm waiting." Yveo added. Gabrielle looked at him, anxiously pleading and tensing up as she heard the knock become louder and louder. Her eyes welled up as she ask. "Bakit? Hi-hindi naman kita kilala."

Yveo's lips form into a little smile."Do you have to?"

Napapikit ng mariin si Gabrielle when the doorknob started moving. It was as if, forcing it to open from the outside.

"O-oo na. Please wag mo lang akong ibigay sa kanila." She finally answered without looking at Yveo. He could guess what Gabrielle thought was, maybe it would be to die in his hand is better than the ones who were chasing after her.

Yveo smirk slightly and took Gabrielle's hands and brought her beside him. Bumalik siya sa living area at kalmadong umupo sa sofa, took the glass wine and drink, while Gabrielle was trembling beside him.

"Open it." He ordered Andrew without looking at him.

Bumukas ang pinto at iniluwa ang dalawang lalaking naka blue na polo at ang isang matandang naka robe lang. The old man scan the whole room and landed his eyes to the woman who was sitting beside a man.

"You bitch! Lumapit ka sa akin!" Nangangalaiting sigaw ng matanda.

Tumayo si Froilan nang makilala ang matanda at ngumiti. "Ohh, what a pleasant surprise Mr. Torre."

The old man looked at Froilan, isn't he one of the most influential man in the business industry? Next to Yveo Leviarez? Kahapon lang nakita niya pa ang binata sa isang cocktail party, and talked to him about a business project.

"Mr. Froilan Alcazar, I didn't know you were here." Naging kalmado ang matanda at pilit na ngumiti nang makita si Froilan. Makikita sa mga mata ng matanda ang pagtataka kung bakit kasama ni Froilan Alcazar si Gabrielle. Magkakilala ba ang dalawa?

"You know her Mr. Torre?" Turo ni Froilan kay Gabrielle. Hanggang ngayun ba hindi niya napansin kung sino ang lalaking nakaupo sa tabi ni Gabrielle? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

"Ah, siya si Gabrielle, asawa ko." Ngumiti si Mr. Torre at ang mga mata niya ay puno ng pagmamalaki.

"Hi-hindi mo ko a-asawa." Mahinang tutol ni Gabrielle, hindi sigurado kung may nakarinig ba.

"Talaga? Sa pagkakaalam ko, kasing tanda mo ang asawa mo Mr. Torre. Nakita ko pa siya once, nabulag ba ako?" Tumawa ng nakakaloko si Froilan na ikinamutla ng matanda.

"You're dead Mr. Torre." Froilan added with a grin.

"Who are you to claim my fiancée as your wife?" Suddenly a terrifying voice interrupted that made everyone almost jump. His voice did not reveal any anger rather his manly voice sounded cold and lifeless. But the coldness in his voice was enough to send chills down the old man's spine.

Tiningnang mabuti ng matanda ang lalaking nagsalita and when the man looked at him, he shivered. Shit! Is that Yveo Leviarez? The heck!? He tried to take Yveo's woman? Damn, sino ang baliw ang gagawa nun? Yes, Yveo was considered a rookie in the business industry but hell, he is a monster!

The old man laughed forcefully and trembled. "I- I didn't know that a-and swear I didn't touch your wo-woman Mr. Leviarez. Ahh, why don't we talk about business?" the old man gulped before he forced himself to have the courage to speak once more even if he was already soaked on his own sweat. "We... we shouldn't let women hinder our businesses, right Mr. Leviarez? Shall we talk about it?"

"Sure." Yveo sipped his wine and whispered that no one could hear. "Only if you can escape from hell." Then ruthlessness flashed in his eyes.

"Escort them out." Yveo without looking at Andrew.

Andrew was swift when the old man and his bodyguards were nowhere to be seen. Yveo made a few phone calls. Andrew and Froilan knew what he was doing, just by looking at the man's evil eyes. Surely, Mr. Torre's company will be destroyed today, how unfortunate.

. . . .

Tumahimik ang paligid at wala na ang ang ingay sa piano.

"Yveo? Bakit andito ka? Wala ka bang trabaho?" Yveo stared at the woman na ngayu'y nasa harap niya.

"I took the day off."

"Ahh. Kanina ka pa ba dyan?"

"Hmm." Yveo nodded and stared at his wife's smiling face.

"Who taught you?"

"My mom loves to play the piano. She taught me when I was a kid." She smiled and answered without taking her eyes away from Yveo.

While looking at Gabrielle, Yveo realized that Gabrielle's eyes were proud and full of confidence. She played the piano with elegance and now she moved gracefully.

Just what the hell has happened? Nasan na ang Gabrielle na hindi makatingin sa mga mata niya noon? Nasan na ang Gabrielle na mahiyain at palaging nauutal pag kausap siya? Was this really his wife who just woke up the other day? In front of him was like a whole brand new Gabrielle.

"Umm... kumain ka na ba?" Mahinang tanong ni Gabrielle.

Yveo looked straight into her eyes as he answered. "Not yet."

Gabrielle's eyes lit up, then a hesitant expression flashed on her beautiful, small face, and then finally decided to hold Yveo's hands and pulled him to the kitchen.

______________________________________________________________________________