The bitter truth

CHAPTER 9

Jeff's POV

I was making my rounds and I still wanted to know her better, but I could tell she wouldn't open up so easily. So I snuck into her apartment again. I was being extra careful not to make any noise. Then I turned around and a light flicked on, Konnas mother screamed and dropped a glass of water the cup shattered to the floor. I chuckled. anyone who screams at my face deserves to die. She ran to the phone and began to dial 911. Dumb bitch.

I grabbed her and covered her mouth. She dropped her phone and tried to pull my hand away, she squirmed in my grasp. I love it when they squirm. I was going to knock her out with the butt of my knife, but she bit my hand. In a blind rage I slit her throat. I listened to the sounds of her gurgling and choking on her own blood. I watched it begin to run down her front. "Go.To.Sleep. For Konnas sake." I whispered in her ear as the light disappeared from her eyes. I dropped her lifeless body with a heavy laugh. I turned on the stove and blew out the flame.

I walked into Konna's room and looked around. I didn't want to explain to her that I just killed her mother. So instead, I picked up her dog and his leash. Some photos, Konna's phone charger and some of her clothes. I Put her dog on the leash and the other stuff in a backpack. Then the dog and I left the apartment via balcony. I shut the door behind us. Then we moved across the street into the forest and sat and waited for the fridge to click on. The dog laid in my lap and went back to sleep.

Half hour later the apartment exploded right from the kitchen. All the windows in unit shattered and half of the building went up in flames. Pretty. The dog jumped up when it happened. Once I heard sirens in the distance the show was over. The cops are gonna have fun with figuring out what happened there. There's probably severed body parts blown everywhere.

***
When I got back to the lake she was asleep, I hooked the dogs leash around my wrist and picked her up. I carried her back to my shack and laid her down in my bed. I took her jacket off of her and used it to make a bed for her dog. I tossed my sweater in the corner of the room and and grabbed that bottle of whiskey out from the backpack of stuff that I brought. I chugged half of it back and then put it back in her bag. I had to think about what I was going to tell her when she woke up. The feeling took over me. I HAD to kill that woman.

I laid down on the bed. Hooking one arm over Konna. It felt Right. I haven't actually just laid beside someone since before I killed Liu. we used to take care of each other...

I shook my head. I couldn't think about it anymore. Or else that feeling would take over. I hid my face against a pillow so I could fall attempt to fall asleep. Then I felt Konnas breathing patterns change. I didn't move but I knew she woke up. She didn't move either. We just laid there in silence, and soon enough she fell back asleep and then for the first time in a long time. so did I.