Puppy Problem/Requested

Requested by anonymous

Warnings: Cursing

No romantic relationship

———

Tony wasn't having the best time with his PTSD. It was haunting him more and more each day.

You offered an idea.

"Maybe you should get a service dog." You said and Tony looked at you.

"That's a good idea." He said and looked at Bucky and Steve.

"Can you guys get me a service puppy?" Tony asked and they both nodded.

They were just happy they had an excuse to go to the see puppies and other animals.

"We'll be back in a bit." Steve yelled and ran out the door with Bucky.

"You shouldn't have asked them to go." You said and looked at Tony. He tilted his head confusingly.

"You know they are going to bring the whole fucking pet shop home, right?" You asked and Tony's eyes widen.

"What Have I done?"

———

A few minutes later and the trio arrives. Steve, Bucky and a three legged puppy. Tony raised a brow.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why?" He asked. The service dog knelt closer to Bucky.

"He has three legs Tony. You know Bucky wouldn't let an offer like that pass up." Steve said and kissed the puppies head.

"Yeah, and they're last owners abused them and that's how the leg got amputated." Bucky said a bit angrily. Tony and you sighed in anger.

"What's his name?" You asked and patted the pup. It whimpered and cuddled closely to Bucky.

Bucky carefully gave the puppy to Tony.

"Well, we thought we could name him James or something." Bucky said and the puppy barked happily.

Tony smiled down at the puppy and petted it.

"He's adorable." You said and grinned.

"Maybe we should help him overcome his fear." Clint said from the kitchen. You all turn to see Clint eating a chocolate bar.

Natasha also doing the same.

"How long were you guys standing there?" You asked.

"An hour." They said and you raised a brow at them. You all kept your distance from the puppy so it wouldn't feel pressured.

Tony places it onto the ground. It looked around, wobbling a bit.

Tony was the first one to try and get it to run over to him.

"Come here boy." He said and the puppy inches closer to him. Still afraid.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Tony said and the puppy finally walked over to him, wobbling but confidently. You all smiled and gave the puppy a treat.

"Good Boy, James." You said.

"I know I am."  Bucky said and whipped his hair out of his face. Steve chuckled and you rolled your eyes.

"I'm not talking to you Barnes."

"I NEED LOVE TOO, Y/N!"