Insecure

Tony didn't like it. He didn't like it at all. As Clint joked with you and Sam. He didn't like it.

Oh no the Billionaire wasn't jealous. He knew you'd never hear or hurt him in that way. But he felt a bit hurt about the jokes you were making with Clint.

First it was about the Arc. You knew he was insecure about his Arc so you didn't joke about it. But you chuckled slightly at Clint's jokes.

"So get a heart yet?"

"Nothing like waking up to cold steel in the morning."

"No wonder Y/N likes sleeping with you. She must love your night light."

Second was his Anxiety. You in fact did not know about these jokes. These jokes were really touchy with Tony. Sam made these jokes. In fact these weren't even jokes.

These were just Clint and Sam being annoying and asking too much questions.

"Does it hurt?"

"Can you pee your pants if it scares you?"

"How many have you had?"

"It's Called PTSD, right?"

Finally. It was the age gap between you and him. These made him feel pathetic. You were 23 and he was 45

"Sup grandpa." Clint would often say. But Tony would roll his eyes and smile. These don't hurt him.

"Into the older guys?" Sam would say to you. You rolled your eyes but send him a smile. Tony tensed.

Tony would often answer with a sassy remark and ignore it. Then the comments got more hurtful. Clint was just joking at first. Sam was too. They never meant to hurt him in any way.

Then they got Drunk.

"Hey Tony, can you tell Y/N something for me?" Clint slurred. Tony gave him a confused look.

"Tell her I want a box of the thin mints." Clint said and burst out laughing. Tony glared at him.

"I bet every time she's in bed with you she fakes her orgasms." Sam said and chuckled drinking another beer. Tony glared at the men.

"What makes you think that?" He sneered.

"Well I couldn't fuck a guy looking at that." Sam slurred and pointed to Tony's face. Tony rolled his eyes. Clint sent Sam a look, telling him he's gone to far.

"I'm just saying." Sam said and held his hands up.

Tony sighed and left.

It didn't affect him then.

Why did it now?

————

The Avengers were at the table and were playing poker.

Drunk.

Is one word to describe it. Except Steve and Thor, Tony, and you of course. You were surprised Tony didn't get drunk.

You didn't realize why. But then. The teasing started.

Steve handed cards out and watched as the game began. He was the dealer and was helping Thor understand.

You weren't paying attention to Tony. Since he was seating next to you, you could hear him
Clearly.

"So, Metal Man," Sam said and hiccuped. Tony rolled his eyes in annoyance.

You watched Sam, amused by his banter.

"Clint and I were talking and we have a question." Sam said and drank some more beer.