14

I run into a connivence store. "Please help me.. they won't stop chasing me.." The man looked startled before grabbing a shotgun behind his counter and pointing it straight at me. Then Joseph and Mack Lynn came in right after me. His aim switched over to them and he growled lowly. Shit. Another wolf. I back up and was now looking for another way out.

"Rouges." The big man growled towards Joseph and Mack.

"Just let us leave with our Luna. He had run off without any excuse and we are only trying to bring him home to our Alpha." Joseph explained. The man narrowed his eyes at me then back at them. "He is new to our pack, the reason he doesn't smell like us." Joseph continued to lie.

Before we could blink the man he fired at Mack Lynn and Joseph yelled falling next to Mack. "Leave or I will kill you both." Joseph glared at the man before he put Mack Lynn in his arms and carried him away, running out the door not even bothering to give me a second glance. "Don't even think of running. Why are rouges after you?" I was scared of this man, he had a gun pointed towards me. Ready to shoot me down if I made a wrong move. "I know you can hear. Now I will not repeat myself again and don't lie to me."

"My mate.. tried to hurt me. Those are from his pack." It was the complete truth.

"You're half wolf, half witch. How the hell is a wolf able to hurt you?" I looked at the man in shock. Confusion flooded my mind as I stared at him dumbly. "You don't know? How the hell- you're a rouge too aren't you?" I shook my head not knowing what I was. There were so many thing about myself that I didn't know.

"My mom cheated on my father... I don't know who my father is... and my pack is dead." This guy will know how to help me. He will tell me who I am and how I can control these powers. Because at this point I'm lost. My mate wanted to kill me. This man lowered his gun but kept a protective stance. I know he didn't trust me just yet. I was scared, desperate to get some help even it was from a complete stranger. "I need help.. please. My mate will find me soon and he will hurt me."

"Follow me." He walked around the counter and locked the door, then flipped the sign to close. "Name is Carter by the way, you?" He shut the lights off.

"Mercer." Then Carter walked towards the back of the store. Before the exit there was a staircase. He led me up them. "Thank you for not killing me." I mentioned.

"Not yet at least. Give me one reason to not trust you and I will kill you on the spot." Carter said. I only nodded as we got to the top. There is no reason to lie, but there is also no reason to tell the whole truth. Of course I'm going to bend it a little.

"Daddy!" A little boy came running towards him. Carter bent down and picked him up. "Who is he?"

"Introduce yourself.." The boy looked at me shyly and waved. I smiled, waving at him. "Tell him your name." Carter said to the little boy.

"My name is Tim!" I smiled even more at the boy, emotions filling me.

"Nice to meet you Tim, my name is Mercer." I wanted to squeeze him tightly. Tim was so tiny and huggable. I looked around the place, it was a small home. Spacious though seeming comfortable enough for all of them. There was a couch, a big TV and a few pictures spread around the living room. The kitchen was connected to the living room and even that seemed big too. The lights were on so it was bright. "Where are you from Mercer?" The little boy asked curiously.

Carter led us to sit down. "I'm north from here! I'm not sure the town because I didn't go to school. But I taught myself English on my own by hearing others talk and communicating." Suddenly I was telling this little boy details. My mind was not thinking on it's own, it felt as if something else tapped into my mind. It was not Vance.

"Why are you here?" The boy became very serious.

"My mate is very violent. But I love him and I know he loves me, he was just scared because one of his pack mates tried to hurt me. I somehow found the ability to push him away, I jumped out the window, went to my old pack, gathered money and found myself here!" Why couldn't I stop talking. I was trying to bend the lie a little but it was difficult to do so. For some reason I couldn't even process my words.

"Do you know who you are?"

"I only know my name is Mercer, I used to believe my name was Bastard Child. My family didn't love me, I slept in the woods." I shook my head trying to cover my mouth but it was impossible.

"What happened to your pack?" I tried to bite my tongue but everything began spilling. I clenched my knuckles but it was no use. There was so much going on here and they are not telling me.

"My dad was a terrible man. He beat me and tortured me. My family ignored everything that was done to me and let led me to believe that I was better off dead. My mother wanted nothing to do with me. So when the rouge pack found me, my mate was the leader, he helped me avenge the way I was treated and slaughtered half of them. My mother is dead and my father was dying when I last saw him."

"Even the children?" Tim looked scared but Carter rubbed his back, comforting him.

"No the children were removed from their parents, now they are living in our pack home." I was exhausted from spilling everything out without even knowing why. This kid was definitely not normal I knew that much. I took a deep breath. "Please no more... how am I telling you all this." I groaned not wanting to say anything else.

"Little Tim here has a special gift, getting people to tell him the truth no matter what." I sighed silently.

"Are you here with the intention to harm us?"

"No, I never wanted to hurt anybody. But my senses led me into the corner store. I only want help." They looked at each other then back at me.

"You can stay here for the night and we will continue this tomorrow." I nodded, so exhausted.