3

"My name is Vance Kessler. What is your name?" I smile and look down, what is my name? "I know, your name is Angel. From heaven, sent to me. Your love was made just for me." I never knew my name. Or my last name. Would Angel be my name forever? "I'm sorry, I should have not said that." Vance let go of my hand and looked down at the food that was in front of us. The food mother cooked up. Vance was indeed the man, my knight. With his black hair, golden eyes that represented his wolf.

"Would I ever get to see your real eyes?" I asked him.

"My wolf is always on alert. Angel, there are many things I don't know about you as there are many things you don't know about me. As time goes on... you'll see me for who I really am. But even if you decide you want to leave, I won't let you. I don't care if you hate me forever, you are here to stay. For eternity." My heart clenched as I looked at him more clearly.

6'6, that's how tall he was. Vance was also built, muscles everywhere. That's what needed to be if he was going to guide a group of cruel beasts. He could also change into a huge black wolf. Vance was the scariest of them all because they all listened to him. There are a few reasons a wolf could become a rouge and I was curious to figure out which one caused him to become rouge.

"Do you understand?" His voice was firm, all I did was nod. "Good."

Many times I thought to myself, I would do anything for a friend. A best friend who would love me regardless of my status. Regardless of how I was brought into this cruel world. He or she would laugh with me. I lost that faith ages ago when I realized just how worthless I was. I was unattractive, from what I would tell from my reflection in the water. I had dark circles under my brown eyes. I was far too skinny. My hair was greasy and dirty since I couldn't properly wash my light brown hair that now looks black from all the dirt. I had scars and cuts all over my legs. My feet were filthy.

"I will find your name, love. I am sure you have a name. For now I will call you Angel." Vance held my hand. "Will you mind we travel, now, by night?"

"Why?"

"I want you in my territory. I want to introduce you as my mate. As the future of the pack. They will try to attack you because you are foreign but do not worry once I tell them who you are, they will kiss the ground you walk on. Like I will do." I will have people actually like me? They will actually not be embarrassed of me? "They will love you! Don't doubt yourself or me. They will love you even more when they see you weren't served on a golden platter. You are exactly like us. Abandoned and forgotten. But we still have each other."

I wasn't too sure about them actually 'loving.' What would it be like to be loved? There was a feeling in my chest that wasn't loneliness or fear.  I smiled, looking at him. "What is that beautiful smile about?"

"I feel happy."

"You should. I will take good care of you. You belong to me now, a powerful Alpha. One who will provide you with your needs and wants. You do not have to worry about anything." Vance reassured me. Nothing will go wrong. Not when my mate is promising me paradise. I will be fine, I will have a roof to live under. Shoes on my feet. My life is just beginning.

Vance searched for a coat and put it over my shoulders. He told me he didn't want me to shift. He wanted me to travel on his back. Vance didn't want my family to see me like that. They didn't deserve it.

"You are treating us like ANIMALS." Mother growled out. They weren't allowed to shift either. Made me happy. They were shivering. Seeing father was the best. He was no longer the powerful dominant who could push me around and make me want to die. He had no power and his weak Bastard child was the one who controlled his fate. Me. I controlled all their fates.

"Bitch why don't you shut your mouth hole." Vito growled.

"Angel you already met Vito. My right hand man. This is Rose. She is one of my warrior fighters. She is as strong as the rest of us." I look at the red, as blood wolf. I was surprised. She was one of the ones made sure my family was in their place. Especially the giant scar going across her face. Never thought female were like that. "Don't underestimate her, though I doubt she will hurt you."

"My pleasure to meet you. I look forward to... knowing you." She growled lowly and looked at me, giving me what seemed like an attempted smile on her wolf's muzzle Then kept walking.

"This is Joseph." I look and see a brownish wolf. "He is a little quiet and violent but then again we are a pack of rouges. Just some us are harder to control." Vance glared at Joseph who bowed his head. "But he's part of this pack and we welcome him." Joseph perked up and glanced at me.

"You are perfect for Vance. You are evening out what your family did to you instead of crying. You are strong and you will bring this pack forward." Was all he said before also walking forward.

"This is Mack Lynn. He can't hear but he has good senses and is a great fighter. All these wolves you see are my best." Mack Lynn came over to me and nuzzled my hand. "He accepts you too. They all do."

"You think you're big now! Well guess what little runt!? You are nothing and he's only going to use you for his sick pleasure. Trust me, you'll never be anything but a disgrace. A Bastard child."

I took a deep breath. "I want her buried alive, right now."