10

Mercer's POV:

Today we were taking the orphans to their new homes. The pups were taking from the cells, separated from their families. There were only about three pups and five underage kids. Ones that had no fault and will be taken to a better place. Without abusive parents, terrible influences that will only make them like their parents.

"Mommy, daddy where are they taking us?!" One of the children whimpered. The pack nurse leant down and touched his cheek.

"Don't touch him!" His father growled.

"Sweetie, it will be okay." Her voice very sweet and fake. "I promise you!" The children trusted her and left without another whine. The nurses were great at convincing them. Vance had told me all the medical staff were rouges as well. But trustworthy somehow.

"We will make sure they're in better hands... or better yet." An idea popped into my heads. And then a smile on my face.

"You little disgrace, what are you-"

"Shut up!" I growled. "Nurse." They stopped in their tracks. "Don't put them in the car. Take them to the house."

"Alpha Vance-"

"Well I'm Alpha Vance's mate, are you questioning my authority." They look at me with their red, rouge eyes. They growl lowly before doing as told. "One more peep out of you two and I will make sure you have no more use here." They nod and leave with the pups.

I turn to the ones remaining. I smile gently. "I see what I'm going to do. They will be taken under Alpha Vance's pack. They will be raised as rouges, they will fight as rouges." My best plan yet. This pack will grow bigger. Stronger. More powerful. "Your pups will know nothing more than how to kill, murder in cold blood those who have done us wrong."

"Just like you have done in the past." I spoke to them all. I walked away as they all growled. Going back to the house to see the nurses on their knees. "What are you doing!?" I yelled at Vance.

"They disobeyed my orders, YOU went over my head to get them to listen to you!" Vance roars. My wolf whimpers silently. As I look up at my angry mate. "You do not order them to do the opposite of what I WANT okay?" I only nod and back away as he shifts into his wolf. He was giant.

"I. Am. The. Alpha." I nod and back away as he stalks towards me. "This is my pack. Understood." I was speechless. But it was too long that I was pushed around, no longer.

"This is OUR pack." I shift into my smaller wolf but I am strong. I know it. "We are in this together." He growls loudly and lunges at me. I step back and suddenly he goes flying back, hitting a tree. He gets up confusingly and tries to lunge at me again but I shield myself again and his wolf goes flying again.

I'm in shock as well. He slowly comes near me and I give him a warning growl. I don't want to hurt him. My wolf doesn't want to hurt him. But if he threatens me than I will have no choice. "Mercer... it's me." He shifts back and steps towards me. I step back before turning and running away.

Where? I'm not sure.

I run and run. I hear howling behind me and know that now, a whole pack of rouges are for my head. But I'm too scared of what happened to go back. I hurt my mate. I don't know what happened. How that happened. All I know is, when he tried to attack me it's like my natural instincts took over and I was able to overpower him. "MATE." I heard a growl through the trees. Followed by howls.

I couldn't go back.

My legs just keep taking me, who knows where.

Lost in my thoughts I was tackled before I could reach the line. I growl at Vito but he growled right back at me as he holds me down with his body. I struggle but suddenly I feel a pinch in my neck and everything goes black.

**

"You finally found your gift.. son.. you are no longer alone. I am with you." I hear voices in my head. "I will protect you. From your mate, from your pack, from yourself. You no longer have to fear..I am here.."

**

My eyes open and I am lookin up at a ceiling. "Mercer. I hear my name. "Vance?" I call our. I try to reach out for him but notice my arms are chained down.

"I was scared." I cry out.

"You tried to escape me." Vance states.

"You saw what I did! I hurt you! I had no idea how!" I try to pull my legs up but those are chained down too. "I didn't mean to run but I didn't want to hurt you again. Vance I love you."

"You almost got away, but not this time. You're mine, do you understand that?" I nod not knowing what else to say. I had tears streaming down my face for the first time in a while. "I marked you, here. This mean you belong to my wolf and I. Nobody else. I own you."

"Yes. I'm yours!" Because I am. I am Vance's. "Nobody else's. Only yours."

He nods before he stands up. "I'm leaving you in here." Vance tells me as he comes and stands over me. "You have to guards watching over you. I will be back in a few days. I'm taking the pups to the orphanage to get that out of the way. I have Joseph and Mack Lynn coming in here to feed you. Nobody else is allowed in here but them and me. I will talk through the link to keep an eye on you."

He bent down and gave me a rough kiss. Biting my lip, I whimpered wanting more. "Wait until I get back." With that he left.

I was in chains. Helpless.