11

I growled lowly as one of the guards came near me. "Touch me and you die." The guard chuckled as if I was kidding. I was in shackles but that didn't mean I couldn't use my 'natural instincts' to get out and kill him. "Just a warning." His red eyes still came close to me while undoing his belt. I watched as he climbed on top of me.

"Fresh bait." He growled disgustingly.

Suddenly he went flying off of me. But not because of me. I see Mack Lynn. His face red with anger as he attacked the guard. Vance was right about him being able to fight. Joseph comes in with a knife and stabs him right in the chest. "Stop him from healing or shifting." I only nodded as the guard groaned. "I'm going to call Vance." Joseph states before leaving all of us.

He points at me and thumbs up. I only nod,  I was okay. He wasn't able to do anything.

"Vance should be here in one hour. Not even an hour your Alpha is gone and you're trying to touch his mate." Joseph shakes his head. The guard is nothing to say. "Vance has ordered me to untie you." Joseph had the keys to my chains. He undid them and I just sit there in silence. Stretching out.

I just think, what is Vance going to do?  Kill him?

An hour passed and we all trembled at Vance's presence. He's not even inside the house but one can easily recognize. A wolf can easily recognized his Alpha. My Alpha. The door slammed opened, breaking instantly. We all stared at the half wolf, half man. His black eyes visible and his whole body trembling. The guard seemed to have already accepted his fate and was now waiting for his fate. We were all silent, ready for Vance's actions. "Who." Vance was blinded by his rage that he didn't see Joseph holding onto the guard.

They must have been talking through the mind link because Joseph nodded and looked at me and pointed at the door. I looked at Vance who avoided my stare, just stared down at the guard. "Send in Vito." Vance commanded. We left without another word and Joseph called Vito. Suddenly there were whimpers and screams. Vance was growling loudly. His human self wasn't here anymore.

"You. Betrayed. Me."

"A-Alpha-"

He could barely form a word from Vance hitting him. Beating him. Then we see Vito rushing past us into the room.

I wanted to see.

I pulled on my arm but Joseph shook his head. But I was going to be stubborn. Joseph raised his hand and let me go. I went into the room and see blood everywhere. The sight almost had me puking. The guard's leg was chewed off and blood was gushing everywhere. "Mercer. Leave."

I shook my head at Vito. "I warned you."

I watched as Vance slowly ate at his legs. Growling loudly. Vito stood watch so Vance wouldn't get interrupted. Vance was slowly eating his body away. The guard was almost limp but he felt everything as he slowly dies. My stomach was sick but I couldn't take my eyes off of what was happening in front of me. I turned away and walked out the room. Joseph was still there, with Mack Lynn and Rose.

We waited and waited until it was dead silent.

Vance's wolf came out of the room with Vito next him Vance's eyes fell on me and he motioned for me to follow him. I could barely move but my legs followed him, to our room. I went straight to the bathroom and grabbed a towel, wetting it. I began trying to clean him up.

"Thank you for saving me." I mumbled. I was scared but I wanted to let him know that I was still here. "I love you."

I rubbed his fur and he had seemed to calm down. "Mate." He growled out. "Don't. Leave." I shook my head.

"Never." I hugged him close to me and sighed happily. As difficult as it sounds, Vance and I would go through a lot but I'm willing. Vance is a lost cause but I'm also willing to work hard to find him. To make him somewhat of a decent human being, to find the feelings that he lost a long time ago. "I'm here." He purred and laid down in front of me. "I won't go." It's what he loved to hear. Then his wolf got on top of my body and trapped me on the floor.

"Mine." I nodded hugged him close to me. Not caring about the weight. My heartbeat slowed down and his did too.

I closed my eyes and let my stress consume me and I was knocked out with tiredness.

My dreams consumed me.

******

"Wake up." I heard a whisper in my ear. I shivered at the roughness. I open my eyes slightly and come face to face with Vance, but his wolf was in full control once again. "Mate." Before I could speak his lips fall on mine and he's kissing me so good.

Biting my lips, and growling lowly. I was getting turned on.

**

For the past day all we did was lay in bed. Vance hasn't let me leave the room at all. He left to get food for me. I stayed in bed waiting for him to get back. Vance had everyone leave the house so it was just us two. It's as if he no longer trusted anybody. It's not like he ever did.

"I missed you." I said once he came back. He came over to me and pulled me into his arms. I've been in them all day and I didn't mind.

I could get used to this.