13

Vance came back.

I was not going to talk to him.

"Talk to me."

"You left with her. I don't want to talk to you, not now." I was in wolf form, crawling up in the corner. I didn't want to look at him or even be in the same room as him. I had a terrible feeling in my gut.

"Look at me." I was being stubborn and I know it would only get me hurt. Vance was giving me warnings but I chose to ignore them. I was more hurt than anything. I knew the way Vance was yet I expected something different. He couldn't just drop everything he once did for me. I'm sure he couldn't. He was a rouge from the beginning. He didn't care about my feelings. Vance was a free man and he could do anything he wanted to. But I just wish I wasn't here to see it.

I wanted to know exactly why he was the way he was. What made him kill his family. Why is he so cold?

If he didn't find me, his pack members would have killed me. I'm sure of it.

Would Vance have cared? Probably not.

"You know what? I don't even care but I want to be alone. Go do whatever the hell you want. It's not like we're together by choice." Vance pulled me up and threw me on the bed. His claws had gotten into my fur and my skin. I whimpered and tried to get away from him but he grabbed my legs and pulls me. His claws stabbing me even more. I kicked him while he grabbed a rope and tied my legs together. Then my paws.

That's when I noticed Vance had blood all over him.

"What happened?" Now I didn't care about the position I was in.

"I murdered her." Vance sat next to me on the bed and petted me. "She tried to follow me so I let her. Do you really think I would touch another body when I have this body." His eyes flashed with his wolf's eyes and his canines grew. "You are who I want. If I have to hurt you to show you that, than I will."

Vance's anger was over him and I couldn't handle it.

I closed my eyes. "I'm sorry Vance.." my wolf was terrified.

He growled loudly in my face before turning away. He began throwing everything around. The dresser. Punching holes into walls. By now, I'm sure everyone in the house had deserted it. Nobody wanted to see Vance's wrath. "I SAVED YOU! I COULD HAVE KILLED YOU!"

I began struggling. Kicking as he came towards me. He pushed me to the floor. I let out a small yelp. I was some toy to him.

Deep inside of me I felt some instinct and the ropes became untied. He kicked him to the ground. Vance was quick to react and pushed me against the wall, hitting my stomach. I was panicking as he put his fist up again. I looked away and felt the pain in my stomach again. Tears fell from my eyes as I begged for a miracle again. One that had saved me before. But to no avail. "S-stop." My wolf had stopped taking over and I was alone. "Please." I cried out.

I tried one last time and he flew across the room. I was shocked but I took this opportunity to shift and jump out the window. I ran, ran and ran. I heard howls behind me, following me. My paws pounded against the dirt as with all my strength I fight to escape. My legs were becoming numb. Along with howls. I was getting further away from them. With one last look over my shoulder, I left the territory line.

The sun was lowering down, but already knew how to survive in the outside.

But being in the woods was dangerous since Vance's pack had allies to other rouge packs.

I went to my territory. I shifted and ran into the house. Everything was trashed. I looked around, knowing exactly where the money was hidden. I grabbed a bag, I crawled underneath the house and stuffed it with money. I also found what I could of clothings in the house, put the bag around my back and shifted.

I didn't stop.

**

I made it into a clearing and sighed in relief. It was night time so I could easily shift and put on clothes. I sighed silently looking around, it was midnight and outdoors. It wasn't that difficult to survive. Especially in the city. 

My body was already used to the outdoors and nature. Nature basically raised me. With a deep sigh I walked. I will not stop. I needed to get as far away from here as possible. "Hey kid, what you doing out here alone this late." I continued walking not looking back, pretending I did not hear the man. But as I sped up, so did he.

"I'm going home! I live right around the corner." I yelled back but his voice sounded familiar. I look over my shoulder. Shit. It's Joseph and Mack Lynn, how did they find me so easily. 

"Mercer, please come back!" The chase began. I turned a corner and and cut through a few buildings. "Mercer, don't make us do this the hard way." Now Joseph was beginning to taunt me. "Guess it's the hard way." There was a fence that had me cornered but I easily climbed over it. So did they. I forced my legs and back to carry on running. "Come on Mercer, we like a great goose chase."

They were playing with me and I was ready to join in.