Volume 2 Chapter 2: The Makings Of A Great Weapon

Start from the beginning

"Thank you for what you've done for us, Aito-sama." Nakano says while giving a quick bow.

The princess still wants to call me with honorifics, huh. Oh well, at least -sama sounds better than -san... I think.

"Yeah, don't mention it."

"It's now time for us to leave so you can continue with your work."

"Oh right, thank you."

I almost forgot about that. Now, first I should think about the limbs of the bow. They should be made out of steel, wood would be hard to craft and easy to break so steel seems like the logical thing to do. Now, what about the string of the bow? I wonder if there any spider monsters that can provide me with a strong enough thread. I think Nozomi would know.

.........

Eh? Where is she? Could she be slacking off? Does she think I'll forgive her if she does that?

"Aito-kun!"

A familiar voice was heard, calling my name. It was Nozomi..... and now she's hugging me from the back.

"Oi, what are you doing? Slacking off?" I say in a frustrated tone.

"Come on this dungeon is huge, you don't expect me to clean all of this, do you?" She says in a pitiful tone.

"Does it look like I care? Also, please get off my back. You're heavy." I say with a disgusted face.

"Hey, don't you know it's rude to call a woman heavy?"

"I don't care."

"Aww, you're no fun. Did you at least enjoy the sensation?"

"What are you talking about? You barely have any to begin with. Anyways, do you- Aurgh?!"

Well, I got punched... in the face. Well it's not like I didn't deserve it. Also, what I said kinda wasn't true. She does have a little on her chest and I did feel them touching my back. She's at least a... C, (breast size) maybe.

"So, what do you need?" She says in an annoyed manner.

"Well I was thinking of making a bow for Mizuha and I need some sort of thread to complete it. Do you know any monsters in the dungon that produces that kind of thread?"

"Oh, is that all? There are a few Arachnite monsters in floor 2 if that's what you're looking for."

"Really? That's perfect."

Arachnites, huh. They maybe annoying to deal with but the string that they use to create their webs are strong and just what I need to complete Mizuha's bow. Well, it looks like I'll be returning to the mines soon.

"Looks like I'm going back to the mines."

"Eh? Can I come with you?"

"No."

"But it's so boooring here."

"You will stay here and clean this place until it's spotless." I command her.

"Aww.... Fine."

As I leave the room, I could feel Ack's stare piercing through me. Is he angry or something? Oh well, it's now time to return to that awful place. You know, I could most probably make myself a good weapon using the forge. But since I'm in a hurry, I'll have to do it at a later time.

"Oh hey, Aito." Nozomi says while popping her head out from the room.

"What is it?"

"There are weapons in my bag if you want to use 'em."

"Oh, thanks."

"They're not free, you know."

"How much?"

"We'll discuss the price when you get back. My bag is near the entrance." She says as she goes back to the room.

Now that's convenient. Right, so lets see what she's got.

..........

Hmm. I reach into the pink backpack with the name written 'Yoshiko' on the front. Oh, this is... a Deep Storage Bag.

______

A Deep Storage Bag is a void-like bag that can hold many items at once. There are three types of these storages and they are the Deep Storage, Abyssal Storage and Infinite Storage bags.

______

Hard to believe she got her hands on something like this. They're pretty rare nowadays. Now, where are the weapons in this thing. Honestly, I'm fine with any kind of weapon. Oh, looks like I got something.

.......

A short sword and a hatchet. Not bad and they're not rusty too. Awesome, I can use these. Now time to make my way to the mines.

I walk towards the elevator that is now open and press the button on the floor I wanted to go.

[Floor 2]

I make my way through the floor trying to find the Arachnites' nest.

"I just have to follow the cobwebs." I say to myself.

........

Hmm, I'm sensing something nearby. It seems to have a high magic stat. Could it be some kind of mythical creature. A fairy, perhaps? I should have a look to see what it is. Now let's see.... Wait, is that-

"W-Winds' Breath!" The person shouts out her spell in fear.

"Urk!"

I then got pushed back by the attack. It certainly hurt quite a bit. But more importantly, how did she get here?

"Is that you..... Princess?"

"Aito-sama?!"

This is gonna be troublesome...