As Hoseok sits, he tried to focus on anything other than the thoughts swarming his head - Yoongi's hand rubbing circles on his knee, the aroma of fresh pine and cranberries that circulated the station, the flickering ceiling light to his left, the white snow that fell outside, his heart that thumped against his ribs and threatened to rip free of his heaving chest, the -

"Hoseok." Yoongi calls. "Hoseok, you're zoning out. The officer is here to speak with you."

The younger snaps to attention, gazing up at the tall, unfamiliar man in front of him. His tag read Officer Minhyuk in gold engravings.

"I'll be interrogating you today. We are hoping to end this case as soon as possible, therefore, every piece of information you hold is significant. Please follow me, but you need to come unaccompanied." He said.

Hoseok gulps, Adam's apple bobbing at his throat before standing unsteadily.

Yoongi shoots him one last look as Hoseok glanced back, then disappeared around the corner.

xox

"(Y/n) noona?" Jungkook called as he knocked on the bedroom door.

Jimin and Taehyung had gone out grocery shopping together about an hour ago. They should be back any minute now.

"Come on in," she replied, voice soft.

The door clicks and Jungkook enters, hair messy and eyes wet and red.

"What happened?" She asks, concerned to see him crying.

"No, nothing, I - uh, c-can we talk about something that's been on my mind lately?" The boy asks hesitantly, hand rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Of course, come sit down, Kook." (Y/n) said, patting the bed beside her. The boy follows her orders and places himself on the mattress, sighing. "What's wrong?"

Jungkook placed his hands over his face, hiding his eyes and groaning quietly. "(Y/n), I've been thinking lately, and this one thought has been eating me up from the inside out ever since it first occurred to me." He spoke. The girl placed a hand on  his shoulder to provide any sort of comfort and urged him on.

"I - I think I'm gay." He admitted. "Or maybe I'm bi?"

"Oh." (Y/n) responded. It was silent for a moment as she collected her thoughts. "Kookie, that's nothing to be ashamed about. My closest friends are gay, there's nothing wrong with it. Just be you and do whatever makes you happy, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because your happiness should come first." She tells him, ruffling his soft brown hair, "May I ask what made you notice this though?"

Jungkook nods. "Jimin hyung. I think I love Jimin." He whispers, almost inaudibly.

(Y/n) laughs, "I'm happy for you! Jungkook, I think he feels the same way about you." She said, smiling brightly.

"Well maybe. But it still doesn't change that I'm not even certain if I actually am gay." He said, distressed.

"You don't really need the label, Jungkook. It may seem that you do, maybe for comfort, but really you don't. You just need to do what you think will make you happiest. Worry about societal norms later." She said. "If you think you love Jimin, go for it. You're sexuality doesn't matter in the end, it doesn't change the fact that you're Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook nods, suddenly put at ease by her words. "I guess you're right." He agreed. "I get why Taehyung likes you so much. You're smart and easy to talk to."

"Thanks, Kook. I'm glad you think so." She grinned.

"How did you two meet?" He asked, changing subjects. (Y/n)'s smile falters.

"I think that's a story for another time." She whispers.

Jungkook raises his eyebrows but doesn't pry any further. "Okay."

"Hey, can I try something?" He asks hesitantly after a moment.

"Try what?" She asks.

"I want to see if I feel anything if I do something." Jungkook replies.

"You're being very vague." She giggled.

"Close your eyes," he ordered.

(Y/n) does.

And suddenly his lips are on hers. It only takes a nanosecond for her to push him away, eyes widening open in shock and her heartbeat increasing erratically when she hears the door open.

"Jungkook!" She exclaims.

"What the hell is going on?" Taehyung seethes, having walked into the bedroom at the worst possible time to witness the two lip-locked on the mattress.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Jungkook jumps up, hands raised in surrender, "it's not what it looks like!"

Taehyung pounces across the room with the elegance of a tiger and throws himself right into Jungkook. Fingers wrap around his neck with enough pressure to turn Taehyung's knuckles white as Jungkook sputters and chokes for air.

"Taehyung!" (Y/n) shouts. She grabs the back of his jacket and pulls as hard as she can, trying to save the younger from his wrath and using all her strength to stop him.

"Stop it! Let him go!" She yells frantically. Taehyung doesn't budge, overtaken by the wildfire of madness that infiltrated his mind.

(Y/n) hits his shoulder, screaming at him to stop until her throat burned and her ears rang from the volume of her own voice.

"You're killing him!" (Y/n) shouts. Taehyung pushes her off of him, growling. Jungkook was losing consciousness, scratching at the elder's forearms.

Suddenly, Jimin came running in, helping (y/n) back up from the floor and dragging Taehyung off of the struggling boy and watching as Jungkook fell to his knees, heaving and coughing as he is released.

(Y/n) doesn't stick around any longer, tears blurring her sight as she rushes out of the room. Her feet take her through the mansion and out the back door into the snow, barefoot and without a coat. She doesn't care to worry about the cold that seeped through her skin and penetrated her bones or her aching feet that slipped on the ice and snowy terrain as she ran through the woods. She didn't even care when she heard Jimin yelling her name from the balcony, she just kept running.

It was as if she wasn't really awake - like she was just in a dream. The noises around her blurred as if she were underwater, her sight being fuzzy with tears and every inch of her body was numb. Her mind wasn't there, only her physical form as she came to a stop, breathing heavily to catch her breath. Her head hurt from crying too hard and her cheeks were rosy red and frozen over.

She stood at the edge of the lake, staring at her reflection in the thin ice.

It was as if something snapped inside her, and the next thinks he knew she was wading in up to her waist, completely numb to the freezing water that surrounded her body.

She looked up to the darkening evening sky and smiled sadly.

She thought about how nice it'd be to drown.

oOoOoo shit
8/25/18