~°Chapter 33°~

Adina

I lay in bed lost in my thoughts as I try to bare the harsh reality of life. I had been pregnant. It was my fault that the baby died. I exposed myself to all the danger that caused the death of my baby. I have no one but myself to blame for the incident. I'm a monster.
I don't know how I could have not felt anything. It still baffles me that I had had a life growing inside me. Looking back I realize I should have been more careful in forcing Sebastian to take precautions to prevent this all from happening. We were both just too caught up in the moment to even consider the possibility of our encounters escalating to this. While Sebastian came out of the situation unscathed, I had to confront the consequences of my body weakening me and nearly killing me.

I wipe the tears escaping from the corner of my eyes as I think about what it would have been like to have had a small baby that was mine and Sebastian's. I subconsciously place my hand on my abdomen and sob quietly to myself. I really wish I could have my mother here with me helping me cope with this tragic event. It makes me more upset just thinking about everything that has happened to me at this point.

The hospital curtain is drawn back to my dismay. I thought I had made it clear I wanted to be alone. Wez walks in with a grim expression lining his features. My gut clenches as he steps closer to my bed as I prepare for him to deliver bad news. It's written all over his face. My heart picks up a beat and it doesn't go unnoticed by neither of us as the machine connected to my body beeps erratically.

"Operation X79F will come to an end tonight. I have sent out Dan and Damion to coordinate everything to arrest Maqueuly and all of his team tonight." He admits.

I gasp in surprise. "What?"

"Sebastian stepped out ten minutes ago to join Maqueuly with tonight's cargo load on the dock. It seems like another mafioso by the name of Zac Bonato is going to deliver a large shipment of drugs to Maqueuly. I need you to stay put while I handle this from my end." He informs me.

I stare at him for a few seconds before ripping off all the wires connected to the monitors next to me, including the IV. Wezley's eyes widen in horror as the bloody IV falls to the floor and blood oozes down my arm. He quickly pulls a few tissues from a box of kleenex from the side of the stretcher's cart to press firmly against my skin.

"Are you insane!" He snaps over the machines beeping loudly and flickering red.

"If you think I am staying here Wez you are out of your mind. I need to be there. Anything can happen and I need to help in anyway I can."

One of the nurses immediately rushes into the room as she draws the curtains and examines the situation. She has a composed face as she rushes to my side and takes over Wezley's job. Wez glances at her before crossing his arms on his chest as he looks on.

"Why did you pull out your IV?" The nurse demands.

"I'm leaving. I need to leave right now. I feel better."

She turns to Wez and gives him a disapproving look as if he instigated my rebellion. "Honey you need to stay until the doctor can reassess you again." She goes for a more gentler tone trying to convince me of what's best for me.

I repress a sour look as I inhale sharply. "I can sign a form that I am leaving against medical advice if I have to. I need to leave now. Please." I explain carefully.

"Adina I don't think that's a good idea doll." Wez presses sharply as he gives me a cut it out look. I glare at him and smile at the nurse who is trying her best to keep me here despite my attitude and behavior.

"I know that when I came in I was feeling like shit but I am better and I need to leave it's not a matter of wanting to. If I had the choice I would gladly stay but I have a responsibility that can't wait. It's an emergency." I urge.