~°Chapter 9°~

Damion walks down the steps and I know that what he has seen has pissed him off. The energy radiating off him tells me that I should proceed with caution. Anything can set him off and knowing him he will fight Sebastian. I move to stand in between the two managing to force Damion a couple inches back.

"I can't believe that you would get together with this-" Damion starts before Sebastian steps up bumping me in the process.

"This what huh? You're no better." He scoffs.

"At least I'm no douche. This is low, even for you Adina." Damion directs his frustration at me.

I raise a brow. "Damion enough. Let's just go inside." I grab his arm and use my strength to push him forward but he doesn't budge.

"That's right Damion go on in." Sebastian mocks.

My eyes blaze in fury. "Sebastian!"

"No Adina let the asshole run his mouth. Guys like him are known for that." Damion snarls.

Sebastian raises his fist and Damion pushes me away in the same instant that both guys charge at each other. I stumble a few steps forward but quickly turn around searching for an opportunity to jump in and break them apart. Sebastian manages to get a few good hits in but Damion blocks the rest out and uses his experience as a fighter to hold his own. I watch nervously as Damion uses his body and skills to follow the movement of Sebastian's steps. Damion is reading his opponent's body language, committing to memory all of his repeated actions. My eyes lock on Damion knowing that when he strikes it will be unexpected and deadly. The way he is eyeing Sebastian like prey says it all and it makes me worry. Sebastian has just recently recuperated and if Damion hurt him it would potentially make him relapse again. I notice the moment he goes in for his attack and I step forward at the same time he does and block his strike. I use my body to knock him back and slam him on the ground. He shakes his head in a daze. When he sees it's me he pauses for a fraction of a second before he snarls as he approaches me.

"Step out of the way!" Damion yells directly into my face which causes my own anger to spike up.

"NO! And don't you dare yell at me like that again Damion or it will be the last time you see me. I came here because I wanted to stay the night. but if you are going to be reacting this way, we are leaving." I take Sebastian's hand as I make my way to his car again.

"Adina wait!" Damion calls. I continue walking until I feel his hand wrap around my wrist and pull me to a stop.

I glare at him. "Don't leave. Dan said he would drop by later and if you aren't here he will question me." He admits sheepishly.

I nod my head and remain holding onto Sebastian's hand. "That means he has to stay too." 

Damion clenches his jaw in distaste but steps back allowing us through. I hear him trail behind as the gravel crunches under his weight. I open the front door and Sebastian steps through first. He glances around noting the large chandelier dangling above the ceiling's entrance. The exterior of the home doesn't look as appealing as the inside. Damion has managed to redecorate the interior with the latest styles. It was impressive for a young bachelor like himself and it is no surprise that Sebastian can see the dedication and expense behind the walls and floors of the place. The furniture is no different, made with the finest Italian material. I motion for Sebastian to follow me towards the kitchen.

"This is quite the place Damion has for himself." Sebastian says impressed.

"Damion is quite the exhibitionist when it comes to his lifestyle." I say pointedly.

I sneak over to the grand staircase hoping that Damion hasn't erased my emergency speed dials on his landline. I wasn't really in the mood to cook tonight. After ending my call I decide to make myself at home by pulling out a few beer bottles from Damion's stash. I grab two left over palm bays from the fridge and toss everything onto the counter. Damion pops his head into the kitchen and seats himself on the stool in front of the counter facing me. He has a grim expression plastered on his face and he keeps his eyes leveled on Sebastian who walks in right after. I slide the beer over to them and smile when they both relax enough to take a swig.