~°Chapter 19°~

Sebastian POV

The interrogation takes hours. Officer Chris had already finished two cups of large coffees and a small box of cookies. His wrinkles and dark knowing eyes were trained on me. He kept trying to probe information out of me despite my consistent response that I was working under cover.
My ass was numb and I was trying to stay awake. The service at this police station was terrible. They hadn't even offered me a drink or a comfortable chair.
I knew it was only a matter of time before they released me and anyone else who had a clean slate. They couldn't exactly blame people who happened to show up at the wrong time at a place they were employees of. The situation did look bad but if we refrained from admitting anything they couldn't frame us.

Constable Chris's eyes are red with fury when he receives a call from his boss telling his department to release us. I can't help but contain my smirk of winning this round. The asshole threatened to hand me my ass in all different formats a few hours ago. He had socked me pretty good and I fought him until back up dashed into the room and forced me down on the table in front of us. I was cuffed from my ankles and chained to the steel chair. 

"You saved yourself this time kid, but next time I will make sure you stay in prison for the rest of your life." He threatens.

"The next time I see you I hope you learn your place. I am a higher rank than you after all." I snide back.

Chris clenches his fists and allows me to pass through the unmarked solid open door to freedom. When I make it to the entrance of the police station I hear an officer demanding a unit be sent to highway one on his radio. I try to tune in on the conversation to pick up on additional details. Can't blame a curious agent after all.

"I don't know who it was, we have no leads at the moment. We need to search the whole area for the woman. She disappeared. She may have caused the accident but we can't determine it since the officer is unconscious!" I hear another male voice snap.

A black range rover is parked on the side of the street. Maqueuly is standing next to it smoking a cigar. For a man of his stature he dresses impeccable. Not a strand of his suit is out of place. When he sees me rounding the corner he leisurely strides over to me.

"I hope that my other men are able to walk out." He says it in a matter of fact tone.

I shrug my shoulders. "I got lucky. No charges were pressed on me. We have to be careful Maqueuly, they will be watching us after today."

Maqueuly nods dismissively, he tosses the remaining part of his cigar on the ground, stomping on it hard. He is not happy that his business is under jeopardy.
I hear a few voices behind me and see Nate and two other figures leaving the station behind him. Gabriel and Sin are only a few years older then me. Both of them were recruited a few years after I came along. They have been loyal to Maqueuly from the beginning.
They are both two of our strongest fighters. They both had tribal tattoos from the top of their shoulders to the end of their wrists. Gabriel had a few piercings on his face whereas Sin kept his face clean. I watch as all three guys smack each others shoulders in relief.

"Dude! You made it out too hey." Nate calls out as he rushes to give me a high five.

"I think the rest of the guys are probably going to stay a night or two." Nate adds.

I shake my head. "They aren't letting us go completely Nate. We are all under investigation. My excuse was that we simply walked in on what was happening. I am just a worker at the club." I explain.

Maqueuly laughs softly knowing I partially threw him under the bus with that response. "I know the pigs will come interrogate me. In the meantime we need to close the club and I know just the way to wipe out everything."