~°Chapter 25°~

I immediately slam the front door shut and jump the front porch stairs as I rush to Daniel's side. I jump on him and struggle to take him down. He pushes me away as he sets to defend himself.

"What the hell!" He exclaims.

I watch his face go red with anger. He panics as he struggles to throw me over his head. I hear the front door open and Wez bursts through along with Sebastian and Damion flanking his side. I momentarily pause to really look at Sebastian for a few seconds. I hadn't had the opportunity to see him since the incident last night. Boy did I really nail him hard. The skin along his cheek was definitely bruised. The color is partly purple and red. I want to feel bad, I should but instead it makes me crack a sinister smile his way.
They are all watching the spectacle that Daniel and I are in the middle of. Wez frowns as he gestures with his head for the guys to pull us apart. Sebastian and Damion rush to our side and before anyone can react I climb off Dan and pull a weapon out of my back and point it at Dan as I slowly step back.

"Adina. Drop the weapon." Damion starts completely baffled by my instinct to pull a gun on Daniel.

Daniel walks over to me, pressing his chest against the gun to provoke me further. "Go ahead and shoot me. In fact, I dare you to Adina."

"Daniel!" Wezley barks behinds us as he slowly advances.

I keep my eyes trained on Dan for a few seconds before slowly dropping my hand back to my side. Dan grabs my arm in a tight hold until I am forced to release the gun altogether. He knows I would never hurt him. As much as I may point a gun and act out my wild thoughts of attempting to murder him, I could never press the trigger and kill my own brother. I settle for the one thing I hate doing. Submitting to someone's orders which currently applies to Wezley. I walk to Wezley knowing that I must look like a psycho woman gone mad. Dan and I are breathing heavily as we are escorted into the house. 

"Do you know we have word that mafia families are after you? We have been worried sick Adina. Where the hell were you last night?" Wez snaps.

"I need to start from the beginning Wez and it's a long story."

Wez listens as I describe in detail everything that Dante had shared with me last night. I omit the reason why I disappeared without notifying them. I could feel everyone's intense eyes on me as I retold the story as I could remember it. One pair of particular set of eyes had me shuffling in my seat every few minutes as he watched me with a heated predatory gaze. It annoyed and angered me that he could make me feel uncomfortable.
I went on to explain the events that happened this morning with Derek. At the mention of Derek's name everyone seemed to suddenly wake up as I explained what Derek had asked of me to do. Damion stood up but immediately sat down when Wez gave him the stink eye. I continue with my story telling, up until Dan interrupts me by standing up without a word and walking away. He comes back a few seconds later with a manila folder in hand which he proceeds to toss to me.

My eyes glance between the envelope and Daniel knowing that he had pulled through for me. "I got what you asked. Dante is a manipulative liar and has a record of backstabbing his own men. I wouldn't trust anything he says."

"So you think our conversation last night was all made up?"

"Possibly half of it was. This guy has been trying to kill Maqueuly from the start in order to obtain a higher rank in the mafia business. He works with whom ever he deems worthy of his time. He is what you would call the fake friend."

"Do you think Maqueuly knows about him?"

"Unlikely as Dante has been working along Maqueuly since he started. What are you thinking?"