28: Stressors

By the time Tristan contacts the gang, I'm wrapped up in a warm fuzzy blanket. My stuffed Toon has had its fair share of strangled hugs during the wait. Mai arrives first, but I don't say a word until Tea and Yugi arrive. Sorry, I mean Yami. They must have just barely finished a duel when they got the news of my bizarre vision.

As I explain every detail of the vision, I grow more animated. I use my hands to describe objects and people. I sprout out of the protection of my blanket as I tell of the millennium items. When I come to talk about the old man my hands go to my heart. It feels like it's physically aching, as if it remembers the pain. I finish with the gruesome fall to the ground and unlike last time, I'm bombarded with questions immediately.

"Was there anything else?"

"How was the Pharaoh was alive?"

"She died?"

"Do you think there's a connection?

I gesture for everyone to calm down. "Alright, alright, one at a time!"

Yami steps forward. "Are you hurt?"

"I don't think so."

Tea wraps an arm around my shoulders and brings me into a hug. "That must have been awful."

"It was, but I feel better talking about it."

Mai crosses her arms. "Are you worried that you'll become like her?"

I drop my eyes. "Maybe."

Tristan shakes his head. "What you guys don't get is what happened after."

Tea lifts her head. "After what?"

"Her little past travel?" Mai suggests.

Yami nods his head. "It's important we know all."

Tristan sighs. "I was playing on my phone when she started screaming. I was scared to death. She was bleeding and convulsing on the bed." He shivers at the memory. "I couldn't stop her screaming, I thought she was dying. I held my hands on her chest to stop the bleeding but it was seeping through my hands!"

My eyes water. "Oh, Tristan..." This must have been so hard for him to see.

"I swear it felt like she was screaming for forever... she finally stopped and that's when she was staring at me. Wide eyed, frightened and confused." Tristan collapses into the chair behind him. "And the blood was gone."

"What the hell?" Mai says.

"What do we make of it?" Tea rubs my arm, comfortingly.

"All I know," I get the courage to speak, "is that if that was me, I won't do the same as she did. I'm not evil and I won't harm anyone."

Tears drip down my face and I hide in my stuffed Blue Eyes. There's murmuring and agreements going on as I retreat into my bubble. Tea moves from me and I hear exchanges and the door opens and closes.

One set of footsteps walks back to the bed. They crawl on the bed and sit cross legged behind me. They pull me into a hug and I open my eyes to see my dear friend. It's a warm and comforting hug that I'm in desperate need of.

"Yami, aren't you afraid I'm like Marik and Bakura?" I meekly ask.

"Not at all." He tucks my head under his chin, his arms wrap around me and my Toon. "I know you. You are good in your heart."

One of my hands slides to my heart. It aches again. A different kind of ache this time. Guilt floods over me. Goodness in my heart means nothing if I'm twisted into betraying you, Yami. I wish I could tell him just that.