~Welcome Home~

Type: Fluff/Reunion
Warnings: None, Just tooth rottening sweetness!
Desc: This is a re-write of an early oneshot Noice okay bye-

Underlined words = Flashback

Lance was waiting impatiently by the arrivals' entrance at the airport. Currently running off of 2 hours of sleep and 10 cups of coffee, the Cuban was beyond exhaustion. But it will be worth it.

Just over a year ago, Shiro, Lance's fiancé got the opportunity of his dreams to go off for the year to practice and train in the army. Although Shiro repeated that he didn't want to leave Lance for a whole year, Lance insisted that he went . Lance knew this was Shiro's life long wish, and he didn't want to be the reason why Shiro didn't go.

"Lance, please if you don't want me to go just say it-" Shiro kept insisting.

"No!"

Lance nearly shouted. The two were currently in each other's arms, their final hug before a year apart. "This is your dream Kashi, do it!"
Lance spoke again, burying his head into the crook of Shiro's neck.

"Are you sure?"

Lance stood up straight to look the man in the eye. "Of course! Go!"

Shiro smiled down at his fiancé, leaning in for one final kiss. Lance happily kissed back, and before they knew it, they pulled away.

They slowly pulled away from their embrace.

Shiro gave Lance one final look, one soft smile before turning away and walking through the departures entrance. Lance made sure Shiro was no where in sight before breaking down. His friend Hunk wrapping his loving arms around Lance in comfort.

Lance knew the minute Shiro walked away that those 12 months would be hard. And they truly were. Not being able to see that gorgeous face in the morning, not being able to have nice evening walks in park, not being able to receive any warm hugs or kisses or touches, not being able to see him just made Lance's heart break in tiny pieces.

But now is the day that Lance's suffering will cease to be. Lance has been waiting 12 months for this day to come.

The ring from the intercom played through the large waiting area, announcing the arrivals.

Lance quickly got up, making his way to the group of people gathered around the arrivals entrance.

Everyone here was here for the same reason. The return of a loved one. And soon enough, people started to exit the plane and into this very room. All of them in their camouflage uniform and with relieved smiles.

The searching game begins as Lance says. Lance was a bit small compared to others around him, getting on the tips of his toes to peak through the crowd.

And that's when Lance saw it.

That white tuff of hair that he knows oh so well.

At that sight, Lance started to slightly push his way past people. Whispering little sorrys as he pushed past person to person. Soon he saw him. Shiro.

"KASHI!"

Shiro quickly turned to his direction. Shiro's lips becoming the widest smile he'd ever seen on the man. Lance started to tear up, picking up his speed as he ran straight to Shiro. Shiro dropped his bags, starting to run over to him.

"KASHI KASHI KASHI!!" Lance kept repeating it like a mantra, jumping into the man's arms, both falling to the floor.

Shiro tightened the grip he had around Lance, wrapping one hand around Lance's upper back while the other threaded through the Cuban's soft hair. Lance on the other hand was bawling into the man's chest.

"Shiro I missed y-you so fucking m-much! You, you don't even know holy, holy f-uck!" Lance sobbed.

Shiro kept his hand running through Lance's hair in comfort, hushing his fiancé.

"Kitten it's okay, it's okay I'm here now"

Shiro whispered repeatedly, feeling Lance's grip tighten.

"I swear to god Kashi"

Shiro looked down at Lance a bit in confusion. Lance propped himself up on his hands, now able to look at his fiancé in the face. Slowly lowering himself until their noses were barley grazing off each other.

"You are never leaving my sight ever again" Shiro chuckles a bit, letting one hand cup Lance's cheek, Lance happily leaning in to the touch.

"I never plan on it Kitten". Lance leaned forward, kissing Shiro for the first time in a year, Shiro happily letting it happen.

The two stay like that. Kissing, on the floor of a busy airport.

With people looking at them.

Ugh I'm tired gn-