~Chapter 19~

"What the hell were you doing yesterday that you didn't answer any of my calls or texts?" Veronica asked me.

It was now lunch time and we were sitting in our usual spot again with the guys.

In the morning when me and Axel got here, all eyes were on us. People were looking at Axel with adoration while they glared at me.

What made it even worse was that Axel was holding my hand. My anxiety level was off the chart by that point.

"I was tutoring Axel." I said to them.

"Yeah But even after nine?" Bella said.

I looked at Axel and he just looked back me.

"We were studying for that test I have today in Mr. Salazar's class." Axel said.

"Study for more than four hours?" Lucas asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"That's not something Axel would ever do." Nathan said.

They all started to ask suspicious questions.

Axel and I would just look at each other and we wouldn't say anything. I wanted to keep that to myself until I knew what that was and what it meant.

"Alright enough!" Axel yelled them. "You wanna know the real reason?" They all nodded. "We were studying and then I kissed her." He said the last part lowly.

"You what?!" Veronica and Bella yelled together. "Why didn't you tell us?!" Bella yelled.

"He slept over." I barely whispered.

"Damn, get it Axel!" Lucas said.

"It's not like that. It was a heat of the moment type of thing." Axel said and laughed. "It didn't even mean anything."

The guys laughed with him as well.

I looked at him. My eyes watery. The girls looked at me and glared at Axel.

I got up from the table and ran to where ever I could go. I ended up in the girls bathroom. I went into one of the stalls and sat on it and cried.

I was crying because I wanted that kiss to mean something like it did to me.

"Eva!" Veronica yelled.

I stopped my crying and put my feet up so they wouldn't see me.

"I don't think she's in here." Bella said.

"Yeah you're right." Veronica said. I heard their footsteps leave and then closing the door. I opened my stall and came out.

"Eva!" Veronica said.

I looked at them.

"Honey, you are such a disaster." Veronica said. "Bella check all the stalls and if there are people kick them out and lock the door."

Bella did what she was told to do soon enough it was only us three in the bathroom.

Veronica took a wipe out and wiped my eyes. I cried a little more after that.

I told them how I felt about the kiss meaning something to me.

"You like him." Bella said.

I didn't say anything. She was probably right.

The bell rang indicating that lunch was over. The only good part about this was that I liked my last class. It was my photography class.

A stall door opened all of a sudden. We looked at Bella.