67 • Revelation

Aliona's P.O.V

"So who's Mikael?" I asked cautiously, we were out of Mystic Falls at this point and in some dingy looking motel room for the night.

"None of your business love." Klaus spoke back slightly harsher than intended, I sat on the bed and watched as he paced around the room in anger. I didn't say anything else, I simply shrugged and leant back until I made contact with the mattress.
"He's very dangerous, okay? I don't want to talk about it." Klaus continued as I nodded.

"Okay." I nodded, seeming uninterested in the subject all of a sudden. I got up and took off my shoes, before moving over to my side of the bed and properly climbing in. Klaus watched every movement intently as I frowned at him. "What?"

"Nothing." He whispered very quickly.

"Klaus just let me remember everything, I can handle it." I spoke, the idea had been gnawing at me ever since he'd revealed part of the truth.

"Aliona you could barely handle the fact that deep down you love me." Klaus scoffed as I felt my cheeks turning pink. 

"I-I know, but I need to understand what this feeling is." I sighed, not knowing why I was so drawn to him. There was no reply from Klaus for a while as I groaned. "Klaus I have a right to know."

"Fine, you want the truth?" It seemed that I'd been trying his patience as he looked at me with anger blazing in his eyes. Klaus stormed over and pulled me out of the bed until I was stood in front of him, eyes locked. "I want you to remember everything; every time that I've compelled you to forget something." His voice was shaky and I could tell that he hadn't fully thought through his actions.

A sudden overwhelming feeling seemed to wash over me, causing me to frown as I sat on the bed and held my head. More memories seemed to slot and overwrite things that I thought were true. 

A worrying amount.

"What is this." I breathed out, closing my eyes as one memory seemed to stand out in particular.

I heard a twig snap and it sounded strangely loud in my ears, I whirled around to come face to face with Damon once more.

"What did you do to me?" I whispered as I noticed for the first time the blood that coated my dress.

"I drank from you then made you drink my blood, you died of blood loss because I accidentally drank too much and you came back as a vampire. Any questions?" His cockiness was new and it was extremely annoying me.

"Yes! How are vampires even real? Father told me they weren't! Why the hell did you do it?" I yelled in his face but he just smirked at me. "I was fine! I was fine without any trouble until you did... This!" I continued to yell at him until he had clearly had enough.

"Look I'm sorry! I just couldn't bare the thought of you being alone any longer." His voice trailed off as he looked at the ground.

I was speechless as I stood there looking at him with confusion and desperation. I was beyond desperate, praying that I'd wake up and these last two years were just a nightmare that could be forgotten about with one of Stefan's hugs.

"Damon I-"

"You need to drink fresh human blood before the sun rises or you'll die, also take this and never take it off." He handed me a ring with a blue jewel resting on it. "It protects you from the sun and if you take it off you'll burn."

I looked down at the ring then back at Damon to say thanks but he was gone. I turned around and strained every sense to try and find him.

But he was gone.