44 • Freed The Bitch

Aliona's P.O.V

She was really here.

Out of the tomb and in my room.

"H-How did you..."

"Get out? Simple really." She smirked as I glared at her, walking to the other side of the room to keep as much distance between us as possible. "I merely tricked Damon into thinking that if he killed Elijah then I'd be stuck in the tomb forever. When it fact it's quite the opposite, when Elijah died his compulsion to keep me in the tomb wore off and well, here I am." I scowled at her as she laughed slightly.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be on the other side of the state by now?" I hissed as she raised an eyebrow. "You know who's coming here right?"

"And I'm sure with you and Elena here he's gunna be a bit preoccupied." Katherine smirked and walked past me, out of my room and down the corridor.

I didn't hear anymore from her for a couple of hours, I guess she'd left the house because my brothers would have known about it by now. It was getting late so I decided to go to sleep, praying that when I woke up Katherine would still be in the tomb and it was all just a dream.

--

I woke up to a start, hearing Elena's voice crying out. Groaning I slowly rolled out of bed before rushing over to the door and down the stairs to see Damon with his hand around Elena's neck.

"Damon what are you-"

"What the hell's going on here?" Stefan looked beyond angry as he glanced between Damon and Elena, seeing the close proximity.

"You tell me; is Katherine in the tomb or not?" Elena asked as I glanced at Stefan, opening my mouth to say that Katherine wasn't but was interrupted by a sound. It was coming from the room next door, Stefan sped into there as I followed behind closely.

"How could you do this?" Stefan was seething as he gripped at Katherine's throat.

"Stefan what are you doing? You're hurting me." She gasped for breath as I frowned, really confused as to which one was lying now. "I'm not Katherine." At those words Stefan released her slightly as I felt someone behind me.

"Oh it's so easy being you." Katherine smirked in the doorway, looks like Damon had been right the first time.

"What is she doing here?" Elena asked as Katherine's smirk never faltered.

"We killed Elijah which broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." I spoke bitterly.

"How's that even possible?" Stefan questioned in confusion.

"He's an Original, they have all sorts of special skills." Katherine spoke but she didn't seem to care much, she looked almost bored.

"I don't want you here. Get her out of here." Elena was pacing as she spoke, Katherine merely rolled her eyes.

"You need me Elena, you all do." Katherine pitched, looking at me as I knew she was right.

"Like hell." Damon spat.

"We all want the same thing: Klaus dead. Yet here you all are running around like headless chickens." Katherine spoke calmly.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena shook her head.

"Well that's incredibly stupid of you." Katherine sighed. "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming? What he looks like?" Again she glanced at me out of the corner of her eye, knowing that I knew exactly what he looks like.

"If you know something then say it, or get out." Damon took a menacing step forwards.

"Fine then I'll just go to the grill and grab some lunch, maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." Katherine turned back to Elena and glanced at her threateningly. "You can all hate me, but we want the same thing. And you know that I always get what I want." She spoke before walking out of the room.

"Damon don't let her leave the house." I whispered as he nodded and followed Katherine.

"Ali you better come to school, it's been months." Stefan reasoned as I groaned.

"Exactly it's been months, as far as the school know I've fallen off the Earth." I huffed before going up to my room to try and find my school things.

--

"My powers where taken by the Martins." Bonnie sighed sadly as my eyes widened in shock, we were stood in the crowded hallway of school. Also known as hell. "You know the family of witches that helped Elijah to keep us all safe."

"But why would they do that?" I asked in confusion, watching Stefan and Elena as they chatted. Thankful that I'd found Bonnie to stop being the embarrassing third wheel.

"I said that I wanted to help him get his daughter back from Klaus, but he told me no and took them away." She groaned, I knew there was more to the story than that but I wasn't going to press it any further. Jeremy walked over and stood very close to Bonnie which caused me to raise an eyebrow, Bonnie shook her head though so I didn't say anything about it. Where they a thing?

"Hey um not to purposefully add to your bad day but be careful, Katherine's out of the tomb. She's gotten really good at impersonating Elena too." I explained as Bonnie's eyes widened.

"What? But how?" She asked in confusion.

"Look we need the Martins on our side if we want to defeat Klaus and get rid of Katherine, so Stefan wants you to meet him at the grill tonight with them. Talk it out and, who knows, maybe come to some kind of agreement." I shrugged as Bonnie winced at my words.

"Fine." She spoke with a sigh after a long pause.

"Thank you, Stefan will be there they won't hurt you." I promised as she nodded timidly before turning to Jeremy and smiling. I felt that was my queue to leave as they seemed to be getting closer. Why was it that today everywhere I went I was becoming a third wheel?

I walked towards Ricks class and took a deep breath before entering.

"Hi um Ri- I mean Mr Saltzman." I nodded to him as he looked up from his desk. "I know I've missed a lot so I was wondering if there's anything that I could do for extra credit?"

"If you could write me an essay over the weekend on the urban legends in Mystic Falls then maybe I could bump your grade up. I'm sure it won't take you long it seems like one of your stronger topics." He smiled as I realised what he was talking about.

"Sure thing." I let out a breathy laugh of relief. "Thanks again and I won't just disappear off again, I'll actually complete the school year." I smiled as he nodded.

"Okay well good luck, I look forward to reading it." He smiled as I walked out of the classroom, happy that I could at least try and make up for my lack of attendance in school. Even if it does look like history is the only class I'm going to pass.

----------------------

Damnnn, kind of another filler chapter, but you guys know what's coming :)

Stay Weird

Abnormal2Weird