45 • That's...Worrying

Aliona's P.O.V

By the time I got home, Stefan was also just arriving back from the grill after seeing the two witches with Bonnie.

"Elijah never had a weapon to kill Klaus." Stefan explained as Damon and Katherine walked into the room, Damon appeared to be worn out from being with Katherine for the day. "He thought that if a witch could channel enough power then he wouldn't need one."

"Like the power you get from a spot marked with one hundred dead witches." Damon murmured as he referred to the site that Elijah seemed so desperate to find.

"We just need to find it." I sighed, knowing it wasn't going to be easy.

We decided that maybe the answer may lie in one of the old gilbert journals, or even fathers journal for that matter. So each of us took a pile and began to read, Elena wasn't spending the night here for once which was good considering our other temporary houseguest looked identical to her.

"I'm bored and hungry." Katherine groaned after about half an hour of everyone reading the various journals.

"Well you're an unwanted houseguest so go feed yourself." Damon sighed, not bothering to get up. Katherine huffed before walking down to the basement in search of our blood bag supply.

"Damon!" Katherine screamed a few minutes later, I snapped my head up and looked at Damon in worry. What could have possibly gone wrong now? Damon sped down the stairs with me following behind, when we entered the cell where Elijah lay on the floor Katherine was on the floor with a wooden stake in her gut.

"How?" I asked simply as Damon yanked it out of her harshly.

"Some weird psychological witch attack." Damon motioned to the dagger in Elijah's chest which was slowly coming out. Without a second thought Damon grabbed the flame thrower gun that was kept down here and hooked it up to the gasoline, not hesitating as he aimed the fire at Elijah's body.

"He can't burn, he's indestructible." Katherine explained as we watched whatever spell the witches had cast come undone as the dagger stopped moving.

"Stefan go get your little witch family and ask them what the hell that was?" Damon spoke as Stefan nodded before swiftly running off.

Another hour past before Stefan rang and I picked up.

"Ali there was a fire at the grill and Luka's dead, his dad's after Elena and I need-" Stefan stopped mid-sentence before seeming calmer. "Never mind." He breathed out.

"Stefan what happened? Stefan?" I asked as he wasn't replying to me.

"Who let Katherine out?" He asked and I turned to see Damon who looked confused.

"Neither of us, where is she?" I questioned.

"At Elena's, she killed Luca's dad." Stefan muttered as I gasped.

"So now we don't have any protection." I frowned but Damon shook his head.

"Dr Martin was trying to kill Elena, there was no other way. How fast can you get to Elena's?" Stefan asked as I glanced in Damon's direction again, knowing he was listening to the whole conversation.

"We're leaving now." I spoke before hanging up and dragging Damon to the door.

-

"So whose plan was this and how did they make Katherine do it?" I asked in confusion.

"She did it on her own." Stefan spoke with a frown.

"That's...worrying." I said slowly.

"No it's not Ali, when are any of you going to understand that I'm trying to help you? I know non of you trust me but I think after tonight it's clear that I'm not a threat to Elena. If you believe anything, then believe that." Katherine spoke as she came down the stairs, talking seriously as I nodded.