28

Casey

'And here we gooo' he smiles as he places a blanket on the ground. I smile and look at him 'your really tryna make me gush aren't you.' Joey laughs and we watch the water.

He took me down to the beach after school. after everything I thought It was nice of him. 'Casey?' he asked staring at the waves. 'Yeah?'

He looked at me for a moment and then back at the waves uneasily 'do you think we'll ever get back together?' I stare at him and he slowly catches my gaze 'I..I don't know.'

'You know, if I was the same guy I was when we first met. I wouldn't have cared if we made up or not.' I lay my head in his lap 'why do you care?' he plays with my hair 'because I care about you, a lot.'

______

'Come here, mijo' My mom says to joey as he walks me inside. I start to follow and she looks at me 'just joey.'

'Mom—' she cuts me off with her "just trust me" stare and they walk off into the kitchen. I walk into the living room and flip onto the couch where Chris was smiling widely.

'I haven't seen you smile like that since dad told you That he'd buy you a car.' he looked at me 'that car turned out to be our car anyway..'

'you must be talking to lexi' he nods and looks up at me 'enough about me and my girlfriend, what's with you and lover boy?' He motions to the kitchen. I turn back to Chris 'I don't know.'

'What do you mean? You either love him or you hate him.' 'Since when did you like us going out?' I raise and eyebrow.

'Never. but I guess you never really found out the whole "beef" between us' He shrugs. I look at him 'spill.'

'Long story short we were close, andie turned us against eachother and now we're not.' I figured If that's all Chris was gonna tell id go ahead and ask joey soon later.

_____

'What did my mom ask you about?' I look at him. He runs his finger through his hair 'Well, first she was saying she wanted grandkids but I wasn't sure why she was telling me seeming that were not together and your not even 18 yet.'

I roll my eyes 'that's something she normally does.' He chuckles and goes on 'She's also forced herself to believe that you're pregnant.'

'Yeah no.' I say looking to him. He laughs 'I know you aren't.' He breathed out and stares 'She said that we're in love and need to stop denying it.'

I look at him and it goes quiet. 'Anything else..?' He tenses up a bit 'I cant say. Not now.' I nod and we go back to watching tv.

I wonder what she said to him. Whatever it his has him all shaken up.