13

Casey

I look carefully into my green eyes in the mirror. the door bell rings a good few times before I yell 'Chris get the damn door!'

The door slams. I get up and peer over the stairs. 'Who was it?' I ask. Chris starts up the stairs 'who do you think.' I groan and walk over to the door.

'What.'

'one minute I swear.'

I scoot over to the thin window right next to the door. 'I'm not letting you in so start talking.' Joey runs his fingers through his hair. 'I care about you..a lot..'

I wave my hand in the hair signaling him to stop. 'you think you can get out of everything with charm! I don't wanna see you or talk to you. you just wasted time coming here. I bolt up the stairs.

________

Joey

School was hard enough as it is. I couldn't focus on football. School work. walking around with Andie all the time was the only thing that kept me busy. The girl I wanted was dating my best friend.

Lunchtime came. the worst part of the day. This time I left andie, I didn't wanna listen to her y'all about her dad yacht or new shopping list.

I sat at the table and watched everyone talk. Casey sat in char's lap sharing French fries and soda with him. 'dude you alright?' hunter taps my shoulder.

my eyes shift over to Casey. 'Dude don't just give up.' i look at him, already annoyed 'she blocked me on everything. I'm not aloud to show up at her house. She ignores me after all her classes.'

Hunter shrugs and takes a bite out of his sandwich 'don't give up pwussi boy' I laugh and the end of the sentence and playfully punch his shoulder.

'did joey birlem just smile for the first time in weeks.' Charles says making my smile fade away. I get up and sling my backpack over my shoulder 'we have practice for the last game tomorrow next period. Imma head out early.'

____

'if you don't get your head in the game, Charles is gonna lead the game finale.' coach says. 'I got  it. I just need to take five.' I take my helmet of and sit at the bleachers.

a few minutes later I head back to the field and char throws the ball at me. 'If you cant catch I mine as well lead practice too.' Char laughs. Hunter nudges him. 'I was putting my fucking helmet on. You sure like taking things from me.'

'she hates you.' I throw off my helmet and shove him and of course he shoves back and we both end up in a small fight. coach drags us into his office.

'I don't care what the hell is going on but don't bring it on my field, got it?' We both nod. 'Now get out my face.' We turned off and coach pulled me back. 'don't think I don't know what this is about. make things right to get your head in the game or don't show up on my field.'

Casey

I look around school for Charles but no sign of him. my brother left because char's my ride. A few moments later I decide to text him.

me- where are you?
char- I got caught up. Just wait by the car.

I put my phone in my sweater pocket and head over to the water fountain before going to the car. once I get to the fountain I see Charles and andie making out.

My first thought was to cry but instead I walked away seeming that they didn't notice me.

me-I hope you two are happy getting "caught up"

I sat on the curb with watery eyes. I lost my prom date and first boyfriend to someone that has it out for me for no reason.

'I saw them. I'm sorry.' Joey sits next to me. I wipe my tears 'can you give me a ride home?' He nods and we both get into it car.

most of the ride was silent until we ended up at my front doorstep.

'I'm sorry for being so cruel.' I get up and head inside