24

Casey

I lick icing off of a cupcake my mom and Amanda made and watch my moms show. 'Mom can we watch something in English please'

she yells at me in her language before turning something else on. Amanda starts to set the table 'are we having people over?'

She nods 'the birlems.' I go white 'WHY!' Chris walks in the door and flops onto the couch. 'I set it up, mi Amor' mom turns to me taking a bite of her cupcake. I groan and walk upstairs.

_____

'daddy, please tell Amanda and mom that—' he cuts me off. 'Go get ready they're coming over and that's final.' I groan and walk upstairs. I put on a burgundy dress that had a reddish pink small bow in the front. The dress stopped at my thigh leaving a gap between my knees and thighs.

'Can you wear anything any shorter?!' Mom places the plates on the table. I rolled my eyes and sat by the table. At the end sat my father.

On the sides sat my mom, Chris, and me and the other end was filled by Amanda. across from my mother was jen. Next to her was Sophia and next to soph was joey.

Jen had the baby in her lap and we all began to eat. 'I don't think we met before?' Jen looks to my mother. My mom smiles 'I'm Valentina, Chris and Casey's mom.'

the adults started conversation and the rest of us ate in sheer silence. eventually they notice 'alright time to talk about the real problem here' my mom puts on her fakest smile and sips a glass of whine.

Chris whispers in my ear 'have you noticed, moms shady?' I look at him and let out a quiet laugh. joey rolls his eyes and the sight of me laughing and I fold my napkin over my lap.

'Cassandra—' my dad starts. 'Casey.' Me and joey say at the same time to him. I glare at joey and let him continue. 'Casey rarely eats, she hasn't spoken to us since the situation until a few days ago.'

Chris adds 'she also cries all the time.' I punch his chest 'what?!' He says defensively. 'Cassandra weathers apologize to your brother right now.' mom gives me a look. I roll my eyes 'I'm sorry, Christopher' I say sarcastically.

'Joey has his moments as well but I just want to resolve this' Jen says. 'I doubt she does, she's blocked me on everything imaginable.' I shrug.

'she's going to undo all of that.' Dad says. Amanda, Chris, mom, and me each say 'I am? (She is?)' He looks at me 'there's no reason you should hold grudges.' I growl 'you have no idea how I feel.' I look over to joey and continue

'he's so full of himself. he's can't even sneak into a window right.'

'But I still got into the window so we could—' my moms eyes go wide. 'Jesus Christ you're a fuck off.' I get up and walk outside.

soon after I hear footsteps. 'Chris go back inside Incase mom starts talking too much. I'll be fine.'

'I'm not Chris.' I look up and see joey. I roll my eyes 'what do you want.' He doesn't get close but stares at me from the small distance. 'I love you, Casey.'

I breathe in and then out. 'That must be nice.' I push past him while saying 'go home.' Walking into the house. everyone stares as we walk back inside. I put my plate into the sink and drink the rest of my orange juice.

'have a great night Jen, and soph.' I say before walking up the stairs and walking into my room.

Joey

'what happened..?' Chris raised and eyebrow. I feel my eyes get heavy, before they started to water I got up. 'I'll be in the car.' I get up and walks outside. it was the most harsh thing to me.

It was like she had a true hate for me. Me saying I love you first, to Casey would change everything. Or at least that's what I thought.

she looked ice cold and she didn't care about my feelings any more. I wanted to be there when her mother came back, I always told her if her mom ever came back I'd be there.

But i wasn't because I ruined our relationship. We were going to prom but by the way things looked it seemed like she wasn't going to go at all. I've seriously and truly broke this girls heart for a stupid book.