21

Casey

'You May kiss the bride' I hold my flowers and look away as Amanda and my dad kiss. we walk over to our table at the reception and I pick through my food.

Christopher engages conversation with the two and I tune out and think back to a few weeks ago when joey made a fool out of me for a book. Just to become prom king which hasn't come yet.

My dad turns and speaks louder 'it took a while but Christopher officially is getting into college.' Amanda cheers and takes a sip of wine.

I take a sip of my own and look at my father unamused. 'you haven't talked to your brother in three weeks.' I glare and my dad and shrug.

'Rowland don't force her.' Amanda gives me a sympathetic nod. 'now many times do I have to say sorry.' Christopher looks at me.

'none at all because sorry isn't gonna fix anything.' I throw my cloth napkin onto the table and excuse myself from the table.

my eyes wonder to the crowd of happy people and my nose scrunches at the sight of the football team. joey slowly catches my gaze and stares at me for a momment before I turn away and walk back to the table.

'she's back!' Amanda says. 'to apologize I hope' dad Narrows his eyes. I open Christopher's backpack and grab the keys before glaring and walking away.

I got into the car and headed home with. this time the lady was there but this time she was here early. It was still day. I quickly wiped away my tears and walked over to her.

'do you nee—' I start as she turned to me. she had long black hair and green eyes. Her bangs fell perfectly over her forehead and she pulled me into a hug.

my eyes wandered for a moment before pulling away 'mom?'

'mija' she said holding my hands. I felt my eyes become laced with tears. I didn't know wether to be angry, upset, or happy. id always planned if I ever met her again that I would tell her that I didn't need her.

at this time of my life I did need her. I needed her more than anything.

_______

Cast
People are still missing but the book is coming to a end soon so I thought I'd give a general outlook on some of the characters.

CastPeople are still missing but the book is coming to a end soon so I thought I'd give a general outlook on some of the characters