8

Casey

Christopher popped his head into my room. 'do you guys know what knocking is.' I brush my hair. 'dad went to a afternoon shift, I'm going out. he looks at me carefully scanning for the right words 'are you having anyone over?'

'I'm not planning on it but maybe.' he looks at me intensely 'be careful with joey.' I look away 'what your guyses beef anyway?' I turn on my tv. 'It's..it's nothing.' He says before walking away. I looked at Snapchat just to see how annoying joey was probably being since I muted him.

Joey- I'm coming over.
me- geeze, still persistent I see.

You unmuted joey

I went into my dads room and looked under his bed for a small briefcase of thing we still had of our mother. we have no idea if she's dead, alive, or in jail.

'case..' I hear a hush tone behind me. I turn around started and look at joey 'Jesus fuck why didn't you knock!' I slide the brief case back under his bed and meet joey at the door way of my dads room closing the door behind me.

'you have ten minutes to tell me what you want.' I walk into my room him following after me. 'just tell me if you like him or not.'

I sigh and look at him. 'I don't like you but if you told me to pick, it certainly wouldn't be you right now.' He looks away for a moment then back at me 'I was just wondering..'

'but why all of a sudden? You've blown me off all weekend until you find out I was hanging with your best friend.' I side eye him. 'This isn't about me and you, you know, I'm just looking out for my best friend. I don't want him to fall for you if you don't like him.'

my eyes start to feel heavy but I was stupid to think that joey liked me. it makes sense. he was just being the flirt that he is and looking out for his friend. I shouldn't of took anything to heart.

'are you alright..' He asks in a low tone.

'yeah I just miss my mom..you should go..' I close and lock my bedroom door hoping he'd show himself out. I cried to myself in my room.

______

'I'm gonna kill him.' Chris says making me laugh. 'no need too, I can do this all on my own.'

my dad comes into my room with three giant icecream sundaes 'you haven't been out of your room since Saturday so this is the only solution.

He turns on our favorite movie and each of us sit on the rug in my room eating ice cream sundaes. 'you don't need to do anything alone, we can do this together.' Chris says before stealing a bite of ice cream. Boys are stupid after all.