20

Joey

Once I got home I started to think. football is over. He has no scholarship which means he could tell her about the book. rules are rules but the consequences can't matter when they don't apply.

Sure it started off with the book but I actually started to fall for this girl. it seemed harmless but if she finds out it's over.

I decided to go to sleep to ease my train of thought. when I woke up the next morning I got up and checked my phone.

Casey- we need to talk.
joey- is it serious?
Casey- just pick me up, loser .

I get ready for school and head out to her house. she jumped into the car. 'what is it' I started to drive. she looked at me for a moment 'joey, I'm pregnant.'

the car swerved and she screamed causing me to swerve again before getting back to normal. 'I'm not pregnant you freak! you almost killed us' she punched my shoulder laughing.

'Oh god never do that again.' she laughs and then slowly got quiet 'it's about the lady that stands in front of my house.'

'what about her?' I raise an eyebrow. 'I dunno she clearly knows something. she always comes between 11 and one pm'

I shrug it off 'who knows, maybe she used to live there' She shakes her head 'I dunno, I guess I'll have to talk to her to find out.'

as soon as we walk onto campus people start to stare and whisper. 'what's going on?' she looks at me. I shrug 'maybe they know you're not a virgin anymore.'

he laughs and playfully punches my shoulder 'Well if they didn't know then they sure do know now.'

____

Casey

The day was awful so many people were staring and whispering at me. Asking if I was still with joey. I got into English and sat at my usual seat.

andie turned and shot me and evil smirk. 'so..the book doesn't bother you?' doddie asks. 'What book?' doddie turns around and sinks in her seat. I look over to joey who had on earbuds not paying any attention to the lesson.

for basically the while class people were whispering about me and a book. I stayed confused before the bell rang and Chris grabbed my arm. 'what?'

'The book they're talking about. The thing I had to tell you. it's the playbook.' I stare at him unamused. 'That's something andie made rumors about I bet.'

joey walks hand in hand with me and I see alex, Alyssa, and doddie arguing with andie. I stop and stare awhile before feeling joey tug on my arm 'I'm hungry let's gooo' I kiss his cheek 'I'll catch up.' He goes into the cafeteria.

_____

Joey

I take my earbuds out once I see everyone's serious faces. 'are you seriously listening to music.' Hunter asks in an annoyed tone.

'uhm..is there any particular reason why I cant be?'

they look at eachother 'you don't know?' I shake my head 'know what?' Loren sighs and speaks in a low tone 'someone stole the playbook and told. Everybody knows.'

I look at them flustered. Loren goes on 'if she finds out that's it. We all go down. we were her friends for the book and you kept her around.' Mark looks at Loren 'shallow. I thought she was pretty cool but she's gonna resent you if that book gets to her.'

the lunch doors fly open and Casey struts over to the table carrying a giant worn down red book making me go white.

Casey

'give it to me! We're her friends!' Alex yells reaching for a book andie had. I snatch it from her hands and clutch onto it. 'go!' Doddie says ad we each run into the bathroom and lock it.

'just..this is the book I was talking about.' Alyssa says. I look at her 'is this a playbook.' Alex opens it 'not a, the.'

I read the first page what looked like rules and the second which was a explanation. in the middle of reading it andie snatched me out of the bathroom and held the girls bathroom door closed with her body.

they banged on the door 'keep reading.'

This book is the fun for jocks. All jocks and no outsiders! Each cheerleader must be informed just so they know how fair of a chance they're date has winning king. The playbook will be in which boys sleep with girls for votes. Not just any-votes, prom king votes! Happy playing.

tears fill my eyes as a malicious grin peers over her face. 'There's no way my names in there' I shake my head as a single tear falls from my eye. 'with pleasure.' she stands next to me and flips through a bunch of pages. i scan the names of all the girls and find my name.

Casey weathers—200 votes : joey birlem.

Accomplished task.

I take the book with me into the cafeteria and slam the book onto the table. 'tell me what this is.' Everyone falls silent.

I open it up and read pages loudly for everyone to hear. 'Lily grace, 12 votes, task accomplished by hunter Rowland.'

'Macie snider, 40 votes, accomplished by mark Thomas.' Mark looks away. 'Alyssa berry, 60 votes, accomplished by Chris weathers.

My brother looks away and I see my name and scrunch my nose. I start to cry but just enough so I could still speak clearly. 'Casey weathers, 200 votes, accomplished by joey birlem.'

I slam my hands on the table 'I thought you guys were my friends!' I turn to Chris 'I thought you were my brother.'

Alyssa, Alex, and doddie came rushing in only to find out they were already to late. 'Baby-' joey reaches for me. I pull back and wave my hands in the air signaling for him to stop talking 'it's over, joey.'

I walk out of the cafeteria crying as Alex pulls me into a hug. 'I'm sorry.' He repeats. Alyssa and doddie pat my back 'I tried to tell you..'
I pull away from the hug. 'I'm fine. I think..I think I'm just gonna call my dad and tell him to pick me up.' They all nod sympatheticly.