Chapter 11 - Hiccup

Written By: Foxhound15

Chapter 11 - Hiccup

I worked in my room, drawing plans for an invention I was making. The invention will improve Toothless's tail. I got bored after a while and started to take some notes in my journal. I wrote everything that had happened so far:

"Astrid hates me now. This morning I went to apologize to her and I asked her if we could just be friends. Instead, she slapped me in the face, telling me how I was a bastard. I didn't tell Jack about this because it wasn't something to get him involved in. This was my problem and I had to make things right with Astrid, by staying friends with her. To tell you the truth, I love Jack more than Astrid and I am not afraid to admit this. I know, I've never admitted this before, but I love him. From the first day I met him, I have always loved him. His eyes, his smile, and the way he cares for everyone are what did me in. I could go on about how much I love him, but you would fall asleep from listening to me.

It was Christmas yesterday and it was the most memorable. Jack and I had our first argument. He thought I was still dating Astrid, but I was breaking up with her when he saw us talking. After our argument we gave each other gifts, and coincidentally we bought each other scarves."

I smiled as I touched the soft scarf, the scarf Jack got me, which was around my neck. I inhaled the scent of evergreen trees, Jack's scent. Since Jack has been staying in the wilderness near Berk, he smells like the evergreen trees there. I hope someday in the future, I can run away with Jack and leave Berk.

"Hiccup!" my father yelled from downstairs. I sighed and yelled back, "Yes dad!" "Get down here lad!" he yelled again, "Astrid is here to see you!" I sighed, closed my journal, and got up from my chair. I walked out of my room and down the stairs to where my father was. He was standing with the door open with Astrid looking right back at me. "Thanks dad," I said as he left us to talk privately. Astrid glared at me and I didn't know what to do. Should I run? Instead, I took a deep breath and then said, "Look Astrid, I'm sorry." "Oh sure you are Hiccup. I can tell," she said with venom in her voice, "I will make your life hell and I will take everything that is dear to you." "Astrid," I said, "Calm down!" "I will kill you for what you have done to me!" she yelled, "You have made my life hell! You lead me on and didn't tell me in the beginning that you didn't love me!! Why did you lead me on!? Huh!? Are you that selfish jerk!" She slapped me hard in the face. My cheek stung as she walked away. I sighed and closed the door behind me. Did I lead her into thinking I loved her? I was in love with her, but I love Jack now.

I went back to my room to finish with my work. When I got inside, Jack was sitting on my bed. "Jack?" I said and he looked up at me. His eyes showed me the deep sadness that he had been trying to keep inside of him. "Please come here," he said motioning me to sit next to him. I did as I was told. I walked over to him and sat next to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to his body. In the glass mirror next to my desk, I noticed my cheeks were turning red. "Where did she slap you Hiccup?" Jack asked, inspecting my cheeks. I couldn't reply because of our bodies being so close. In my entire life, I have never sat on another boy's lap. Well with the exceptions of sitting on my fathers lap as a kid. "I..I'...I'm fine," I said as I pulled my face out of his grip. "Hiccup," he turning my head so he could look at me again, "I watched everything. She slapped you very hard, we need to get some ice on you cheek." His ice cold hands touched my blushing cheeks. He rested his chin on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "I love you."