Chapter 1 - Hiccup

Written By: Foxhound15

Chapter 1 - Hiccup

It was a cold winter morning in Berk. As I woke up, I looked out the window to see snow falling from the sky. I remember when I was little I thought that the snow falling from the sky was a miracle and made from a winter spirit named Jack Frost, but now I know the truth of how snow comes. It has a scientific explanation, so I now know there is no such thing as Jack Frost. "Oy! Hiccup lad! Wake up, you need to feed Toothless," my father Stoik yelled. I grumbled, so I got up, got dressed, and walked downstairs. My father was just sharpening his knife, like he always did in the morning. I walked into the kitchen and started cooking breakfast. While the food was cooking, I went and got Toothless's breakfast.

I walked outside to see a huge black friendly dragon. "Hello Toothless, I know you want your breakfast," I said showing him the wooden bucket of fish. The fish looked gross and disgusting, but Toothless grinned as I fed him the old fish. He loved the fish and always ate it for breakfast. "Hey Hiccup," someone said behind and I turned around to see Astrid, "I see you're feeding Toothless there." "Yea," I said blushing. Astrid was the girl that I had a crush on. She had blonde hair that was as beautiful as the wheat that grew here and her eyes were as blue as the sea. She smiled saying, "Well I thought we could go practice today with the dragons." "Sorry I can't," I said, "Toothless and I were going to go on a flight today." "Aww that's to bad, maybe another time," she said disappointed.

After breakfast and talking to Astrid, I went to saddle up Toothless. He was sitting right near the door, excited to go out flying. I smiled and saddled him up. I got into the saddle and said, "Let's get going Toothless, we should get flying." He just smiled and jumped into the air, flying. We flew across Berk, with the town leaving us as we flew. Toothless flew me to a little area I had never seen before and it was covered in snow. Toothless landed and I got off of him to look around. I walked off with Toothless following me. Then we stumbled upon a boy with snow white hair and he was looking at the ice covered pond. I walked a little closer, trying to not make a sound. Then I stepped on a twig that made a crack sound, with the boy looking up at me. "Who are you?" the boy said and I said, "Umm sorry." "I don't want to say this again, but who are you?" he asked.