Chapter 9 - Hiccup

Written By Foxhound15

Chapter 9 - Hiccup

Jack left me again and I felt alone. I walked inside my house to see some of the servants hanging up Christmas decorations. It was becoming Christmas and I didn't have anything for Astrid! What is wrong with me!! I rushed out of the house and to the shops. I walked down the street and I saw a shop that was selling scarves, hats, and snow boots. I walked inside the shop and a woman came over to me saying, "Is there anything that you like?" "Is it okay if I browse around?" I asked and she nodded. She walked back to the counter and I looked around. I looked at the scarves and picked a purple one out with blue stripes for Astrid. I paid for it and walked outside carrying the scarf. I walked down the street to see many shops showing off their goods. I didn't buy anything else and went home after that. When I walked inside, Astrid was there waiting for me. "Hiccup," she said happily, "Where have you been?!" "I was helping the others with their dragons," I replied and I looked above us at the mistletoe. I kissed her and this kiss was different now. When I first kissed Astrid, it was wonderful, but now it was never going to be the same. After Jack kissed me, it was the most amazing thing that had happened to me in years. She broke the kiss saying, "What the hell Hiccup!" "Mistletoe," I said pointing at the mistletoe above us. She blushed saying, "Oh, I wasn't paying attention." "Is there something you need?" I asked and she shook her head saying, "I did, but I forgot. When I remember I'll come back." She walked out and I stood there watching her. Was I not in love with Astrid anymore? Did I love Jack?

When I went to my room, I carried the scarf with me. I took out some paper, wrapped the scarf in it, and tied it with a bow. I took out the next item that I had an wrapped it for my dad, then I wrapped the little gifts for all of my friends. For some reason I thought I was forgetting something, then I realized I didn't get anything for Jack. What was I going to get him? Should I get a scarf for him too? For crying out loud, he's Jack Frost! I thought for a while and I decided to bake him some chocolate cookies. I ran downstairs and started to bake. I took out the ingredients, got the oven ready, and brought Toothless inside to be my taste tester. I mixed the ingredients and threw it into the oven to bake. When it was done, I took a cookie off the tray and tossed it to Toothless saying, "What do you think boy?" He chewed on it for a while and smiled at me his goofy grin. He licked my face and I replied, "You must like it then, chocolate chip must win every time."

That night I laid in my bed and looked out the window. It was snowing again and I missed Jack. Where was he right now? Was he across the globe by now? I remember when I first met Jack, when I was a young boy. I use to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, but as I grew up I always believed in the existence of Jack Frost. He was the only person who came to me and wanted to spend time with me. My father didn't have time to talk to me very much and Jack would visit me when I was younger and stopped visiting me one day for some reason. Then he came back when I was ten and we continue to hang out. Then he left me again and now here he was back in town. Did Jack love me? Or was he one of those guys who like to tease people and mess with their emotions? I would never know my answer because I wasn't Jack, the one with my answers. I sighed and turned my back away from the window and whispered to myself, "I want Jack home for Christmas."