Chapter 17 - Hiccup

Written by Foxhound15
Chapter 17 - Hiccup

It was cold out as I silently trudged through the snow. My mother took my small hand as she helped me navigate through the snow. As we walked, she would tell me stories about a boy who could turn Berk into winter. I was always in awe as she described what his abilities were.

"He can fly, and no one knows how he can do it. He can make the ground around him into the snow," she would say, "I don't know how."

"Have you seen him before mom?"

"No, I haven't. The stories of this boy have been passed down to me. But let me make one thing clear. Do not tell your father I am telling you these tales. He will be angry that I am telling you this. He wants you to learn how to fight, not reading or learning stories that are rubbish. He wants you to become a man someday."

"Yes, mother."

"Now go along and play. I'll see you for dinner."

As I played in the snow, she would watch me from a short distance., but she fell asleep. I played farther away from her and drifted into the thick forest to a lake that was covered in ice. I stood there in silence, listening to the birds chirp around me. I smiled as I thought of spring, the season I use to love so dearly. The leaves had the fresh scent of dew from the rainfall from the night before. I noticed a familiar figure sat on a large rock close to me. He was staring down at the ice below him as he held his staff in his hand. I smiled and ran over to him saying, "Jack!" He did not look at me, so I called him again, "Jack!

I ran over to him as fast as I could, to see what happened to him. When I got close to him, I shook him yelling, "Jack! Wake up!

When I looked at his face, I almost screamed. It wasn't Jack. It was a pale man with jet black hair and his bright golden eyes stared back at me. I backed away and scaled down the rock. I ran as fast as I could to get back to my mother but out of nowhere, rocks surrounded me. I tried to escape but the stranger had me surrounded with boulders.

"You must be the squirt that Jack has been obsessed with," he fumed as he got closer to me.

"Obsessed?!" I asked.

"Guardians are not supposed to be with humans," he barked, "He should know that by now. But of course, he acts like a kid!"

"Tell me about it," I sighed, thinking about all the childish things the immortal eighteen-year-old did with me when I was younger.

"You must break-up with him, or I will make Jack suffer for this," the man reported.

"I'm never leaving him."

"You don't understand mortal, you 'must' break up with him," he commanded as he circled around me like a predator stalking his prey, "Jack will get in big trouble for this and he hasn't been doing his job properly because of you. He hasn't brought winter to the rest of the world because of you."

Jack hasn't been doing his job! I can't let Jack get in trouble because of me. I'm just a distraction to him. What if the other guardians find out? He could be banished! This man must be right, I am just going to be more trouble for Jack.

"I am taking it as you are agreeing with me. I will keep tabs with you to make sure that he is out of your life," he smirked as he walked towards the shadows, "I will be watching mortal." He disappeared into the shadows right before my eyes when I heard someone call my name.

"Hiccup!"

The strangers words echoed in my head, "You must break-up with him."

"Hiccup! Wake up! It's morning!" the voice called me.

How could I tell someone that I loved that we were through? Well here it goes, I will tell him. I hope I don't cry in the end. Oh no, I can already feel the tears coming down my face.

"Hiccup!? Please don't cry!" I heard the concerned voice as it wrapped me in their arms, "I'm sorry that I tried to wake you up. God, please don't cry."

How could I tell someone who was so gentle and I kind to never see me again?

How can I tell them that my heart is always their's?

The tears continued to fall, thinking of giving up the person I loved.

"I love you," I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally an update!

Sorry for the delay everyone. The final years of our high school year are coming close for the two of us, so we might not update till the summer. I just wanted to put something out there for all of you until then.

- Foxhound15

QUESTION: Who is the man in Hiccup's Dream? (Comment your answer)