Chapter 8: What Makes You Beautiful

Tamara’s POV

We got back to the house to find Luke and Beau gone. There was a note on the table:

 Jamara (see what we did there :P)

             Anyway, once you’ve finished laughing at the ninja ship name we created for you two, tell mum we’ll be going to the party tonight from Daniel’s place, which means you’ll have to find your own way to Andrews. Might come back after, or not. Depends on our soberness

        Luv Beau and Lukey xoxo

“Those two really should take some lessons on what make people laugh,” Jai mutters.

 “Um, Jai. May not want to say that in front of your fans, you know you might get stabbed,” I giggle.

 “Touché, except then it would be like stabbing all the Janoskians, because I make the group amazing” he says smugly.

 “Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the ever humble Jai Brooks, the less famous of the JB variety,” I say to an invisible crowd.

 Ignoring my genius comment, he continued,

 “Whatcha wanna do anyways? We still have a few hours to kill before-”

 “TWISTER!!” I say as I open the cupboard Beau got the game from yesterday and find my favourite game of all time.

 “Calm down cowboy. Sure thing, just next time try not to be so enthusiastic,” he laughs as he grabs the box from the shelf.

 We set up the mat and automatic spinner. (A/N these don’t actually exist as far as I know but it works for this part of the story).

 “Now you may be the ‘King of Dares’ Jai Brooks, but you cannot topple the throne of ‘Queen of Twister’,” I say confidently.

“Oh, it’s on like donkey kong,” he smirked back.

 I must admit, he did have the body type for this game: incredibly toned muscles that could probably handle the stamina needed to be to be a master at Twister. Among other things, if you really think about it like that. And flexibility usually comes with the appearance….

 Tamara, you dirty perverted little girl! 

Obviously I’m not a little girl if I’m thinking like that….

But I also had to admit that I was finding it quite hard to concentrate with his body so close to mine. Every place his warm, caramel skin touched mine erupted in goosebumps and sent emotions running through my body that I had never experienced before. Our limbs were intertwined as we both struggled to get right hand to red. At last, I couldn’t stand the stain and I collapsed, meaning he collapsed on top of me. I open my eyes to a laughing Jai, just centimetres from my face; close enough to feel his warm, minty breath on my face. Before I knew it, he started leaning in and surprisingly so did I. In that moment I realized that more than anything, I wanted to kiss this guy. It felt like slow motion as I switched my gaze between his gorgeous sparkling eyes and his soft lips.

“Anyone home?!” Gina yells out as she walks into the lounge room, “oh. I’ll just-“

“Um, it’s fine. We were just playing a bit of twister. I was actually just thinking of going upstairs and getting ready for the party,” I say, blushing as I wriggle out from under Jai and rush upstairs before anyone can question me.

I decide on the floral dress, so I grab it and head cross the hall to have a quick shower, still flustered from the encounter. As the warm water cascades over my body, my mind keeps going over those intense seconds with him. I was so new to this, I had no idea how to respond to something like this. Or even how to be around him now that this has happened. How was I to even know if he tried because he feels the same way? Or maybe he has some secret sexual life going on after hours that he’s trying to lure me into?