Chapter 2: Loving You Is Easy

A/N

Hey everyone, I know it's been a while and I'm so sorry but I have been swamped with uni work this semester so I haven't had a lot of spare time :(

I know I said 5 votes for the last chapter but it's close enough and I really want you guys to see where this story is headed :)

Jai’s POV

 “So, this is your life, huh?” she said as we were watching James, Daniel and Luke try and give some old man a massage.

“I guess, not really that glamorous but it makes people happy,” I answered.

“You’re right, it may not be that glamorous but who cares as long as you’re happy with it,” she replies.

“That sounds like something Luke would say,” I say with a smile.

“Yeah? I’ve always wanted to know what it was like to have a sibling. Friends are all well and good but I don’t know, I’ve always imagined that special bond that a girl might have with her brother or sister,” she pointed out to me. I thought about what she had said for a moment.

“I never really thought about it like that,” I answer, “I know you’ll hear soon enough, but me and my brother’s bicker. A lot. But I know that all of this, it just wouldn’t be the same without them.”

I’d never really been one for philosophical moments or anything like that. Yeah, all the fans think I am some sort of Yoda with my ‘inspirational’ tweets and everything, but seriously all I do is thank all the amazing fans because when it all comes down to it, they have gotten us to where we are today. But I don’t know, whatever vibes this girl was giving off was making me think about things in more depth. Making me question everything.

“You wanna come back to ours?” I asked. I really hoped she agreed; I really liked spending time with her. Was that weird, considering I’d only just met her?

“You’re seriously not sick of me already?”

“Why would I,” I started, “I mean we, be sick of you? In fact, how could anyone be sick of you?”

“I don’t know, just a feeling I usually get,” she replied weakly.

“I don’t know about you but I felt like taking a risk today, and look what I found. Now it’s your turn,” I countered.

Tamara’s POV

I hesitated as Jai opened the car door for me. I know it’s been nearly a year since the sound of crunching metal was ringing in my ears, but I had never been one for taking risks with motor vehicles and the crash had lessened that factor even more. Getting in the car with complete strangers wasn’t helping either. My thoughts were displaced when Jai’s hand slipped into mine and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“I know this probably doesn’t mean anything, but I’ll keep you safe. I promise,” he whispers in my ear, his warm breath making goosebumps form on the back of my neck.

I gave him a less than reassuring smile and let him step in before me and once he was in, I quaintly sat on his lap. I know they’d said their house was only five minutes away, but it didn’t stop flashbacks invading my mind of all the possibilities. The only thing that stopped me from entering full panic mode was Jai’s calming grasp on my sweaty palm. Nerves had claimed my voice, so I just listened in to the boys’ friendly banter and congratulations on a successful day of filming. The short trip to their house seemed to take an eternity and while I tried to concentrate on the boys’ conversation the whole time, I couldn’t help but allow my eyes to dart around, finding situations that would cause the nightmares that haunted my sleep to come true again. I didn’t even realise that my breath had fastened, or that my heart had double in speed until Jai’s gentle voice shook me from my haze.