Chapter 3: Sparks Fly

A/N

So as promised, I have another update this week :) Uni for this semester is nearly over so I might be able to update more often for you guys :)

Also, I am absolutely addicted to Ariana's new song Problem.....I know, I'm a late bloomer but it's just so catchy :)

Tamara’s POV

As soon as the words left his mouth, I knew it was a bad idea. I don’t know if I was ready to share my closet full of secrets so publically. In fact I knew quite well that I couldn’t; I couldn’t even admit some of my own problems to myself.

“I don’t think so guys, Tamara isn’t really comfortable with us yet. She hasn’t seen you two in truth or dare…”Jai started.

“Actually, I decided it’s not a question, it’s a demand. We’re all playing whether you like it or not. If she’s gonna hang out with us, then she’s gonna see what idiots we are anyway so we may as well show her now in the ‘cooling off period’,” Beau replied.

“Fine. Looks like we have no choice,” he said looking at me, “what’s the worst that could happen, right?” Oh, only that I could scare off the only people in the whole town that actually liked me. That I could break down into a hysterical mess in front of a house full of strangers.

“Okay, Beau. Seen as you’re so hell bent on the idea, you go first. Truth or Dare?” Luke piped up.

“May as well show her my best: dare,” he replied confidently.

“I dare you to prank call Kaitlyn pretending to be an Indian telemarketer. You have to spend at least one minute in conversation, so if she hangs up you have to ring her back,” Jai dared.

“Oh, come on. Anyone but her,” Beau complained.

“Who’s Kaitlyn?” I asked, interrupting their banter.

“Only Beau’s secret crush. What’s it been like 4 years now and you’ve never said anything,” Luke said.

“Shut up. She can be intimidating when she wants to be. And it’s not really a secret if you two – now three, already know,” he defended.

“Whatever. A dare’s a dare. Do it,” said Luke.

“Fine,” he admitted, while going to grab his mobile. To say that it was hilarious to watch would be an understatement. He had a terrible Indian accent, which was weird because it’s like the easiest accent to do. He had to call her back three times to get to the one minute. How was it that these guy could make me feel the best I have since it happened.

“Well. There go my chances of ever getting with her in this lifetime. She knew it was me the second I got on the phone and not because of the caller ID,” Beau said, disappointed.

“Well blame your sucky Indian accent,” Jai laughed.