"Blaise, good morning," Granger greeted.

"Morning,"

"I see that you and Neville have been getting along well," she remarked with a sly quirk of her mouth.

"Is that so?" Blaise said, leaning back against the table.

"Of course," Granger chirped. "It's about time. You two have been rather slow at noticing each other's feelings. It's certainly a relief to see you two more relaxed around one another."

"Agreed," he replied, sitting up when he saw Neville nearing them with a small smile.

"I'm happy for you guys," she murmured and turned away to prepare their equipment.

"Hey," 

"H-hey," Blaise mumbled back, humiliated that he couldn't think of anything original to say back and stop stuttering around Neville. It seemed that he couldn't look at Neville directly without thinking of their...kiss yesterday.

"Merlin," Blaise heard Weasley complain from a table away, "how did Neville not know the bloke liked him?! Even I can tell!"

Identical blushes rushed up both of their cheeks at Weasley's words.

Blaise hurriedly turned away and busied himself with preparing for the lesson as he waited for his blush to die down. Honesty, did Weasley have no shame?

"Alright, settle down," Professor Sprout called, clapping her hands to get their attention. "Due to the many accidents that have occurred over this unit, I have decided that it would be best if you all took a break from the Fanged Geraniums and focused on something else instead."

The class shared a collective breath of relief. 

"We will instead be feeding the Venomous Tentacula for the sixth years,"

The class sucked in a shocked breath.

"Don't be alarmed now," Professor Sprout said. "Just be careful and give them each a couple of Chizpurfles each. Now follow me to the other greenhouse please."

Blaise shared a worried look with Granger as Neville smiled, seemingly pleased.

"Aren't you a bit worried?" Blaise asked him as they left the greenhouse. "I mean, aren't they dangerous? Maybe more than those fanged monsters we're working on now?"

"Uhm, not really? They should be about the same as the Fanged Geraniums, except with more reach..." Neville trailed off, rubbing his lip absently. "I guess we don't have to worry too much sice we're only feeding them."

Blaise shrugged and glanced at Granger, who was pale with worry.

"Im not saying that Professor Sprout is irresponsible, but..."

She didn't have to finish her sentence, for Blaise was able to see for himself once the greenhouse doors opened. Inside were writhing vines of the plants, twisting around to reach for them, as if sensing fresh meat.

"Now, now, students," Professor Sprout said, "there's no need to worry. These class of Tentacula don't have venomous spikes on their branches and will instead simply grab you up. If this happens, do not panic and instead use lumos. Group members, please look after each other."