Disaster part two

For some reason when I published, half of the chapter didn't show up so I am updating the other bit. Enjoy :)

Blaise reluctantly followed Pansy and Draco into the classroom and into their usual seats in the back, still flustered from Neville's confidence. He had to keep his eyes from searching Neville out in the dark and dusty room in order to keep whatever composure he had left. He didn't want to end up like Draco, who usually made eyes with Potter wherever they were, although he wasn't sure when they had evolved from heated stares full of hatred to heated stares of...something else.  

Merlin, was he becoming like Draco, who was obsessed with Potter? Would he soon be calling for attention from the other boy, embarrassing himself to no end?

"We will be brewing the  Drought of Peace, as it is the next potion listed in your textbooks," Snape drawled, sweeping his robe and setting the chalk in motion, listing the ingredients required. "This shouldn't be too difficult, as I have assigned research in the past regarding it, so you should all have a general idea of what to do. Begin."

Blaise sent a worried glance at Neville's back. When he had offered to tutor him in potions, he hadn't been really thinking about what the consequences would be if he were to succeed. Snape would most likely accuse Neville of cheating in some way or punish him for getting a potion right, as he wasn't the best at potions.

"I've made a mistake, Pans," Blaise whispered as they waited for Draco to gather ingredients. 

"I'm aware, " she said. "You're going to have to be a bit more specific."

Blaise gritted his teeth in annoyance. "Stop being a smart ass. Remember how I tutor Neville sometimes for Potions?"

Pansy nodded and raised a brow in question. 

"Well, he's been doing really well," Blaise whispered, glancing over to Neville, who was staring down at his empty cauldron with furrowed brows.

"Wait, really?" Pansy  said, eyes wide. "I never expected that...why are you telling me this now?"

Blaise shot another glance at Neville, who was now teasing his lips between his teeth with a concentrated expression. It was honestly really cute, except that this was a very serious situation at hand. "Don't you think that if Neville succeeds...there's going to be consequences?"

Pansy narrowed her eyes. "As in 'Snape consequences'?" 

"As in 'Snape consequences'," Blaise confirmed. 

"What's the worst he's going to do, accuse him of getting help from someone?" Pansy scoffed. "It's not a crime to get tutoring."

Blaise nodded but didn't banish his worries. Snape enjoyed picking on Neville, so he couldn't let his guard down. The poor boy's boggart was his own potions teacher, for Merlin's sake! 

There was nothing he could do at the moment, so the reasonable thing to do would be to concentrate on the task at hand, which was the potion. 

Throughout the class, Blaise couldn't help but cast worrying glances at Neville continuously. This had resulted in him messing up his potion numerous times and having to do extra work to fix his mistakes. At one point, he had caused his potion to turn a violent shade of scarlet because he had been so concentrated on how much powdered porcupine quills Neville was adding, which caused Pansy to give him a reassuring look and Draco to give him a worried glance.

He couldn't say that his stomach was in a good state by the time everyone's potions were complete. His own potion was giving off a light sliver vapor, as was Draco's and Pansy's. When Blaise looked over to Neville's potion, he felt a proud tug in his chest when he saw that his was giving off a small amount of vapor. It was a little less than normal, but it was certainly a great achievement. Blaise still couldn't ignore the worry tightening in his stomach.