2. Trevor

Trevor

That night, Blaise lay in his bed staring at the ceiling. He had given up on sleep a long while ago and was trying to decide if he should ask Pansy for a sleep potion, as she was an insomniac and had a whole stash in her trunk. She was probably asleep now though, and Blaise valued his life too much to wake her up.

Sighing, he pushed himself off of the bed and quietly exited the room. A night stroll around the castle should do the trick.

He left the Slytherin common room and cautiously turned a corner. It was silent as usual, giving Blaise a chance to think. Why was he so restless tonight?

He kept walking aimlessly with no destination in his mind. He knew that there was a high chance of being caught by a prefect or a professor making their night rounds, but he made sure to be quiet and alert.

As he was turning a corner in the direction of the great hall, he heard a small croak from the shadows. If he was not mistaken, it was a frog or a toad of some sort. Of course, there was a possibility of it being a prank to lure someone over...

Blaise shook his head of his suspicions when a toad hopped out of the shadows and into the moonlight with a wet sound. Its neck was expanding and shrinking as it croaked.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked quietly. Maybe the toad came into the castle while the door was open? There was also a possibility of it being someone's pet, but he couldn't think of anyone who would want a pet toad unless...

"Trevor?" Blaise asked, half expecting some sort of response from the toad, but it simply sat there. He wasn't sure if Neville's toad even knew that it had a name. They were dumb creatures after all, but then again, it probably was his toad because he constantly lost sight of it.

"Shut up or you're going to get me caught," He shushed. The toad either didn't understand, or it chose to ignore him, but either way he had to do something about the situation.

He could walk away and not go through all of the trouble, or he could bring it back to the Slytherin common room for the night and ask Neville about it in the morning.

It was an easy decision to make. He was going to forget the stupid toad and return to his comfortable bed.

He took out his wand and cast a hovering charm and turned back to the direction of his common room.

'Wait! This wasn't the plan!' He thought to himself as he cast a silencing charm on the toad. He groaned as he continued on his way to the common room.

He wasn't sure why he was doing it, but he was.

✴✴✴

"Why the fuck is there a frog on my pillow?!" Draco shouted followed by the sound of something heavy hitting the floor.

Blaise groaned and rolled over in his four-poster bed. He had stayed up pretty late last night and he had gone on a walk...

Wait a minute... A frog?

He pushed himself up and ripped the curtains open to reveal a confused Draco on the floor.

"It's not a frog, it's a toad," Blaise corrected, walking over to Draco's bed and seeing a satisfied toad sitting on top of the pillow. It was glaring down at Draco in a smug manner.

Blaise laughed. For such a small creature, the toad definitely had a large personality.

"I'm sure there is a significant difference between the two," Draco sniffed and retreated to the bathroom to change.