7. Honeydukes

Honeydukes

The next morning, Blaise woke up with a smile on his face. It was a Saturday, meaning he didn't have any classes to attend and he also had a tutoring session with Neville after lunch, which was something that he found himself looking forward to.

"Good morning Blaise," Draco greeted. "You're looking very...upbeat this morning."

Blaise simply nodded and continued with his usual morning routine, except with a little more enthusiasm than usual.

When they left the Slytherin dungeons and arrived at the great hall, Pansy greeted them with a smile.

Blaise blinked. Pansy looked very well put-together. Her short, black hair had a more prominent shine to it and her eye make up was darker and alluring.

"What's the occasion?" Blaise asked, sitting across from the posh looking Pansy. "Got a hot date today?"

Pansy shook her head with a mischievous grin creeping upon her dark red lips. "Today is Hogsmeade weekend, and I am putting a plan into action."

"What plan is that?" Blaise asked suspiciously. None of Pansy's plans ever went well, even though they usually got the desired results.

"Drarry," She simply replied. "I am getting one of them to ask the other out. Of course, our lover boy over here is too busy making goo-goo eyes at Potter to notice my scheming."

And it was true. When Blaise glanced over at his blonde friend, he was indeed smiling dreamily at Potter while the raven haired boy did the same from the Gryffindor table. Why they hadn't gotten together yet was past Blaise. Perhaps they were too stubborn.

"So what are you going to for the whole morning before you have to tutor Longbottom?" Pansy asked.

"Maybe I'll bother Filtch," Blaise shrugged, having no idea how he was going to pass the time. He couldn't go to Hogsmeade because he would end up having helping with Pansy's schemes or wondering alone like a complete loser. He could, of course, get some girl to accompany him, but he wasn't really in the mood for fake smiles.

"Or, you could pass the time with Longbottom," Pansy suggested, wiggling her eyebrows. She still didn't seem to get that Blaise felt no attraction for the Gryffindor.

"If you are suggesting anything," Blaise warned, "I will personally see to it that your tea set is destroyed beyond a reparo charm."

"Oh, I don't have to suggest anything," Pansy smirked, "Because I bet you wanna snog Longbottom so bad-"

She was interrupted by a choking sound behind Blaise and when he turned around, he saw Neville standing there, face as red as a beet.

Blaise's face heated up as well, as Neville had probably heard Pansy's crude remark and was now lost on what to do.

God damn you, Parkinson.

"Oh hey, Neville," he murmered awkwardly, his smile feeling strained.

"H-hi," Neville greeted curtly. He didn't make any eye contact with Blaise and simply stared at the floor, probably trying to hide his furious blush.

"Did you need anything?" Blaise asked gently. He didn't want Neville to feel as if he wasn't wanted at the moment.

"I j-just came over t-to see if..." Neville trailed off, still staring at the floor determinedly. "Nevermind." He said, and started to leave.

"No wait!" Blaise shouted, grabbing Neville's arm. "Do you want to hang out? I mean, we can pass the time before our potions session and-"