5.Potions

Potions

The next morning, Blaise rolled out of his bed with dread. Pansy was going to be all over him today with questions about his mysterious "crush."

"Are you alright, Zabini?" Draco asked as he adjusted his green and silver tie. "You look a little grumpy this morning."

Blaise grunted in response. Draco would find out what his problem was soon enough.

They walked to the great hall in silence with Blaise glowering. It looked like the weather was agreeing with him too, judging by the gloomy dark clouds on the enchanted ceiling of the great hall.

"Good morning, Blaise," Pansy greeted with a bright smile. "Would you like some toast for breakfast? Or maybe a special someone?"

Draco choked and stared wide-eyed at Pansy. "Since when did you have a thing for Blaise?"

"I- what?!" Pansy shrieked. "That was me dropping hints, not flirting!" She huffed and crossed her arms with a pout.

"Hints?" Draco asked, glancing over to Blaise. "you mean Blaise likes someone?"

"Obviously," Pansy rolled her eyes. "He's just too stubborn to admit it, like a certain someone." She shot a dark look at Draco who shrunk back in his seat.

"At least I don't drop terrible hints," Draco sniffed, raising a thin brow. He smirked and proceeded to spread jam on his toast as if he had won the argument.

"Shut up, both of you," Blaise commanded. He was on edge with their constant bickering and his lack of sleep. If only they would just shut up.

"We have potions with the Gryffindorks after lunch today!" Pansy announced timidly after a brief moment of silence. 

Draco grumbled something and stabbed at his eggs, making Blaise smirk. At least someone else was suffering today.

"What was that, my dear Draco?" Pansy sang, happily adding more jam to a slice of toast. "Do you have something to say? Perhaps a confession of your love for Potter? Or maybe even an announcement of your undying love for him? Your choice."

"Neither," he snapped. Blaise watched with amusement as Pansy's happy attitude morphed into one of dark amusement.

"Is that so?" She sweetly inquired, batting her dark eyes with faked innocence. It was always interesting to see Pansy's demeanor flip like a switch.

Blaise laughed when he saw Draco gulp. There was never a dull moment with those two. They were always bickering about something. But that didn't mean that he wasn't agitated with them.

"Don't think that you can get out of anything, mister," Pansy scolded Blaise. "I'm not exactly happy with you either at the moment and there is only one way to be forgiven."

"Oh Merlin," Draco muttered softly. "Please don't say anything more. I don't want to hear it. I know what you want."

"A new cloak?" Pansy asked. "How did you know what I wanted for Christmas this year?"

Draco stared at her as if she were mad while Blaise rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to admit my so called crush, if that's what you want," He said.

"Oh, don't be so selfish, Blaise dear. Not everything is about you, you know." Pansy smiled. "Just say that you both owe me a favor, and I will be happy."

"Do you think I care about how happy you are enough to say that I owe you a favor?" Draco asked.

"You better," Pansy snapped. "I am your friend after all, and I know things."