Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50

"Z-Zayn?!" The incredulous whisper left my lips as my body stumbled behind for my hands to lean on a piece of furniture behind me for support.

I blinked back the cloud of denial that blinded my vision as I took note of the figure's appearance.

The man seemed scarily analogous to Zayn with his blonde mop of hair matched with those striking electric blue orbs I could identify anywhere. The man seemed to have a mask on that seemed awfully familiar as well.

Despite my dwell state, I eyed the boy who noticed my presence before his eyes widen to the size I couldn't even fathom again.

"B-Blaire." The man breathed out followed by the repulsing sound of the gun hitting the ground after it fell from his hands. The man gulped before he tried to reach out for me.

"Blaire-"

I held out my palm towards him intercepting to speak. I closed my eyes shut, desperate for all this to end. I seemed to be in denial all along and simply refused to concede whatever I had witnessed a few seconds before.

"Are you really Zayn?!" I whispered. There was a pregnant pause before I peeked open one of my eyes at him.

The man seemed to sigh before he glanced down at Adham's limp body before settling his gaze back on me. I found my eyes guided back to Adham's wide ones. It held nothing but shook that swirled in those orbs. It was nothing like my mother's genuine ones.

"I have been intending to tell you about this for a while." The man's voice bought back my attention to him. He stood there with pleading eyes as he gazed at my one own maudlin ones.

"But I had always feared that you might take it in the wrong way," He reasoned before lowering his head down. "and leave me..." He whispered the last part.

I scrunched my face and took in a deep breath as I eyed the man warily.

"So, you really are Zayn..." I asserted my whisper as I glared at him with teary eyes. His face softened as soon as he saw my betrayed orbs

"I'm sorry Blaire..." His mouth wavered to speak but nothing came out. He took in a deep breath before he took his gloves off his hands and placed them on the bedside table.

"I am Zayn." He enunciated with an assertion. "But..."

I rose my brow at how anxious he looked. He took in a deep breath before he rose his hand to pull out his hair. And bewilderingly his blonde strands ripped out of his head revealing another mop of dark brown hair.

It took me a minute to realize that he wore a wig all this time.

He avoided my eyes as he proceeded to move his fingertips on his eyeball.

What the hell is he doi-

My eyes widen as I saw him retracting a small transparent circular sheet that stayed on his fingertips.

I narrowed my eyes at the foreign object before realization sunk in.

Contacts!

I watched as he took off his contact and carelessly threw it away as if he doesn't care anymore. I tilted my head as I examined his face who had his eyes cast down still not revealing his eyes pigmented by an unknown color.

My eyes widen followed with a gasp that left my lips when my mind reckoned his identity.

"Syed?!" I enquired with my voice highly wavered as my frantic breaths echoed in the room. He was stubborn to keep his eyes down all along as he nodded as a gesture to reply to my question.