Chapter 45

CHAPTER 45

"Hey Blaire, do you know why burping is better than farting?"

I paused from whatever I was doing and eyed the boy in front of me as if he was sprouting elvish.

I didn't know what was funnier. The fact that this boy had been following me around art class talking my ears off with bazaar enquiries or the hideous pineapple he has drawn on the canvas beside me that was supposed to a portrait of Jenna, our classmate.

"No. Why?" I derisive along with his supposed pretentious questions that I found rather annoying.

He grinned. "Why fart and waste it while you can burp and taste it!" he doubled over laughter once he answers his own ludicrous question as if it were the funniest thing on earth.

I looked at him incredulously "Ha.Ha.Ha." I mocked sharply.

He paused as an unsatisfied scowl took over his face when he noticed my mundane response to his supposed awesome joke. He mumbled something incorrectly and looked away.

I rolled my eyes and resumed painting the wonderful art in front of me.

"Hey Blaire, Why did--"

"Do you wanna hear something from me?" I cut him off impatiently, desperate to get his mouth shut. I neatly placed my brush dabbed with paint on the palate beside me and gave my undivided attention to him.

He blinked. "Okay."

I sighed and put my right hand into my pocket and fished out something. I bought my fist towards him, urging him to put his hand forward, so he could take whatever I had in my hand.

He reluctantly put his right palm forward.

"Hey Zayn, I found your nose," I started and gave him his supposed nose.

"It was in my business." I finished the joke and picked up my brush and resumed doing the strokes in my painted figure's hair.

He blinked once. Twice. And he doubled over in laughter as if there was no tomorrow.

Everyone in the room paused and looked over to my cretin partner, who was on the ground clutching his stomach, laughing so hard.

I shook my head slightly in disapproval and smiled sheepishly at my classmates before mumbling a small 'sorry' and gave my hand for Zayn to take so he could stop cleaning the floor with his shirt.

He took my hand and stood up still with a loop side grin on his face that never seemed to leave.

I glared at him.

"Why are you even here?!" I seethed through gritted teeth as I kept my eyes glued to my canvas. I didn't want to risk getting caught again.

"You don't even take Art!" I deadpan as my eyes widen.

He seemed to let out a grin. "I do from now." He admitted. I rolled my eyes and fixed my gaze at the hair of Jenna on the canvas that I seemed not to get right.

I bit my lip as a small smile threatened to sneak out when I thought about Zayn's hideous endeavor to stick around me wherever I go within the school campus.

The bell rang with its sharp tone signaling the end of the period. I sighed and covered my unfinished canvas with a cloth bent down to pick up my bag before slinging it over my shoulders.

I walked out of class. And headed straight into the girl's washroom. Of course, Zayn followed me there too.

"What the frick is wrong with you?" I hissed. He smiled at me innocently and shrugged. I narrowed my eyes at him and averted my gaze to the Girl's washroom sign which Zayn seemed to thankfully follow.