"Thalia! My dear, how have you been?" He greeted as he invited himself into the room and took the chair in front of me.

I already don't like this. I thought as I bit my lip and looked down.

I almost gasped when he leaned abruptly leaned and inhaled my scent.

Are you sure you've done a background check on him to allow him anywhere near me, Mehsoufs? Cause, he seems like a Physio to me.

"I really anticipated you would wear that scent I gifted you last time. I'm disappointed" He commented as he bought the corner or lips down to replicate sadness.

"Why would I do that for someone who doesn't even deserve my antipathy?" I retorted as I looked away with an eye roll to bolster my statement.

He chuckled. "That's not how you should greet me. I'm your buyer. I could do anything to you after I make you mine. You better hold your tongue if you would like a hostile life." He enunciated.

His candid threat didn't seem to take a toll on me. After all, I have faced worse. What can a mere threat do to me?

I crossed one of my legs over the other and leaned back on my chair as I eyed him defiantly without uttering a word.

He smirked. "Good girl." He commented and leaned back on his own chair without breaking his eye contact with me.

I inwardly rolled my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely was not being submissive there. I only did what I had been told by the Mehsoufs.

Going according to their plan. And not to object.

The silence that surrounded us made the tension in between us cultivate.

He cleared his throat.

"Let me start this over. How have you been?" He enquired again as he intertwined his finger together.

I would do anything for a machine gun now.

I sighed.

"Have been better than that," I replied honestly. He sighed.

"Look, I'm trying to be civilized here. Don't test my nerves." He seethed.

"Civilized?" I scoffed. "You have been nothing but an abysmal jerk, who capitalized his clout for your own selfishness." I seethed.

"I don't like you." I spat at him. "The thought of even being in the same room as you make me gag. And much to my dismay, that's what I'm forced to do right now." I commented. 

 "Because of your disgusting desires, My life is ruined! Because of--"

"Enough!" He growled as he cut me off. "I just used my powers to whatever I could do. I'm not buying you because I want to. I'm doing it cause I can. It isn't my cold tea to worry about just because this is happening much to your dismay."

"You are doing it because you can? Are you even listening to yourself? This is ridiculous!" I let out a breath.

"You support a dark deal where thousands of innocent girls are being shipped off to places that are not even on the map, ruining their lives, because you can? And to top that, You take part in it and gamble yourself a girl for a trillion dollar deal, ruining her life, because you can? Do you know how messed up that sounds?" I seethed as I got up from my couch.

He shrugged.

"If you keep it that way. Cool." He said calmly. "That doesn't affect anyone."